Dead in the water in Mexico...

Well, this year's annual trip will be momeorable for all the wrong reasons.

Flew in yesterday, got out yesterday afternoon, after a slow start (no going from 100-155) got my nephew his first King. Missed another, both FF, white and white (both in 85 FOW). Fish were just stacked in 65-85 FOW. So, woke up this morning optimistic for a big day...

Well, last night was the beginning and end of our trip. Got about 50 yards outside the Salmon River, everything rigged and ready to go, opened up the throttle and... Boom, engine done. Maybe not blown, but dead for now. Had to ruin a nice family's morning getting a tow back to the river lighthouse. Then, had to walk 3 plus miles over to the Pine Grove boat launch to get to the truck and trailer...

So, here until Wednesday, no way to fish, and $400 minimum to fly home early. Checked with a couple charters who, understandably, are all booked up. One might have a fellow Captain with room to at least try and get in a trip tomorrow morning to salvage something, but haven't heard back yet...

Well, a week of fish stories, just not the kind I'd hoped for, especially for my nephew and brother in law who don't come up every year like I do...

Good luck to everyone the rest of the season, and thanks again to those who helped us today, and in days past when needed!

L.J. and the crew of the Bigfoot 2...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I feel for ya.  The did the same this morning after rescuing my brother in laws sailboat that sunk while they were camping.  Turned around to go offshore and the motor stalled then wouldn’t fire up. Starter motor blew.  Got it going with a rope around the power head after we tried paddling for 30 minutes with little progress.  Always an adventure out there. At least you made it back to shore safe.

I’m so sorry to hear about your troubles. I was planning on coming back up this morning and stayin till tomorrow but before i left i checked the trailer and two wheel bearings are ready to let loose so I canceled the trip. If i was up i would of definitely brought you aboard.  Maybe post a new topic “lookin for an open seat”. I’m sure there are other members lookin for company. 

6 hours ago, WalleyeLJ said:

Well, this year's annual trip will be momeorable for all the wrong reasons.

Flew in yesterday, got out yesterday afternoon, after a slow start (no going from 100-155) got my nephew his first King. Missed another, both FF, white and white (both in 85 FOW). Fish were just stacked in 65-85 FOW. So, woke up this morning optimistic for a big day...

Well, last night was the beginning and end of our trip. Got about 50 yards outside the Salmon River, everything rigged and ready to go, opened up the throttle and... Boom, engine done. Maybe not blown, but dead for now. Had to ruin a nice family's morning getting a tow back to the river lighthouse. Then, had to walk 3 plus miles over to the Pine Grove boat launch to get to the truck and trailer...

So, here until Wednesday, no way to fish, and $400 minimum to fly home early. Checked with a couple charters who, understandably, are all booked up. One might have a fellow Captain with room to at least try and get in a trip tomorrow morning to salvage something, but haven't heard back yet...

Well, a week of fish stories, just not the kind I'd hoped for, especially for my nephew and brother in law who don't come up every year like I do...

Good luck to everyone the rest of the season, and thanks again to those who helped us today, and in days past when needed!

L.J. and the crew of the Bigfoot 2...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

PM sent.

How long are you staying in the area?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lastpass said:

my name is pete and my buddy and I will be fishing there for the next two days your welcome to come aboard and fish with us . my cell is 5183616460 , hope to have you aboard.

Now there is a classy offer:yes:

• Like 1