That’s roughly as shallow and as deep as I fish offshore. For me in a small boat wind usually decides where I start. I prefer the calmest troll to put down a consistant spread. Hard North wind I run deep and troll south, and visa versa. It can feel pretty vast but once you start marking and circling areas there’s no better place to be .

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

When do you think these kings are going to be at the mouth of the Genesee ?
Or around that area..

Thx

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Lake Ontario United mobile app

They are there now but you’ll get them offshore mixed in now also. I rarely target staging kings unless bored and solo. Targeting staging kings can be brutally grinding. This Saturday looks rough so I’ll probably shoot offshore in afternoon, then 2 hrs before dark shoot in and try for stagers a bit.

That’s roughly as shallow and as deep as I fish offshore. For me in a small boat wind usually decides where I start. I prefer the calmest troll to put down a consistant spread. Hard North wind I run deep and troll south, and visa versa. It can feel pretty vast but once you start marking and circling areas there’s no better place to be .

That's what I call a small craft advisory. Lol
Don't leave fish to find fish. Love to target what silver I can reach, if all else fails,go in and pissm off for a few swipes.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks.. we went out of Bald Eagle yesterday morning. I didn't see the coordinates until later in the day, so we were mostly flying blind.. we found fish, but only one king over 20 lbs.. I think we had 5 under 20 and 3 steelhead... Still a fun day out however. 

We never did find consistent fishing in any one depth, etc.. it was hit and miss but we ground it out. All things considered, a beautiful day to be on the water and not bad for the first time out of that marina. Thanks for your help 

(I wish I had seen that coordinates earlier... we were quite a bit to the west.. )

Brad

• Like 1

Sounds like a nice outing. Offshore i fish pods of fish rather than depth. East or West doesn’t usually matter more than finding, dialing them in, and circling them. Remember everyday that goes by more matures move inside. So past three weeks has ben great offshore but it will slow down on a dime (for matures). I don’t think we need to be playing bumper cars inside yet but their moving in pretty quickly . So my spread offshore now hopes for some mature kings and it also is really set up for steelhead. Just like spring I run light leaders, boards with crankbaits, small spoons etc. it’s also nice to go side by side with other boats offshore to cover lots of ground out there. Personally i just love offshore. Very rare I fish with anyone 5 miles in any direction lol. Hopefully Saturday stays fish able. If so I’ll probably do in tight for couple hrs then run Offshore to finish the day.

• Like 1