21ft penn yan

Delons

I have a 1990 penn yan tournament  with a 4.3 chevy engine ...boat runs absolutely perfect ..the prob I am having is when on plane trimmed up around 31-32mph boat leans hard to the left ....anyone can help solve this dilemma I am having ...has new outdrive and new prop!

You may have to play with it under actual conditions to get the best result. While the water is warm might want to go into a shallow area get into the water try slight movement/adjustments and then try it out each time doing that to get the "best fit" just a suggestion....

If it is pulling to the left turn the tab to the left standing at the rear of the outdrive.  Turn it in increments - you should see improvement in how your wheel feels.

Have a look a Nautico Smart Tabs. They can be set so you can put more lift on one side of the boat constantly. I have the on my 2 boats and they solved my problems very well. $99 on line at Iboats
They call them a factory cosmetic blem at that price but I can see nothing wrong with them.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have had both types of tabs. The smart tabs work good as are advertised but you will not be able to control varying side to side load shifts such as people or coolers and sea conditions.  I took off the smart tabs and installed the Lenco electric tabs and that takes care all load and sea conditions while on the fly. 

• Like 1

Tabs will help correct the list,  but does not fix the root problem...why is it listing... we did not build the 212 to list at speed.

You have some hull issue happening...give me a call and I can walk you through diagnosing the actual problem if you want

TJ @Penn Yan Boats

516-652-6855

• 4 months later...

dbitting,  since  the 212 is an 8' beam,  I would expect live load movement to affect trim...   what Delons was describing was something totally different.. at rest his boat sits level,  on plane it lists to one side regardless of load... thats indicative of a hull issue.

call me if you have questions,  happy to help

Edited by pennyanguy
more info