Cellular game cameras

hookmeup

Every year, the manufacturers come out with new models. For some reason, certain years' models might be stellar, then the upgrade the next year isn't as good. I found that the Browning Strike Force BTC-5HD (2015 model) gave me better picture quality, quicker reaction time, and a further detection zone than any of my other cameras, although my Bushnell Trophy Cam 8 MP cameras from 2014 continue to function well after five years. The later Browning models have been hit or miss, but I think that the Strike Force series is generally solid, sometimes even spectacular, and that's my go-to. I look for a  0.3 s trigger and 100 ft detection range using a red glow illumination. I'm not a big fan of the black light illumination, as I think that big bucks know the camera is there, regardless. Stay as far away from sub-$50 cameras as you can get. Nothing but headaches.

I had a few moultries with good luck then got a new top of the line one with the intentions of getting the cell pack. The cam couldn’t hold batteries for a week. Customer service sucked. They told me they need super batteries so i spent 15 and the batteries died too. Sucks but have switched to browning and get 1/2 year or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Now that I realize what you're looking for, I remember seeing that the Cuddeback Cuddelink thread at Habitat Talk was up to 137 pages, last count: http://www.habitat-talk.com/index.php?threads/cuddebacks-cuddelink.7859/

I have no personal experience with them, but the company representative is very interactive, judging from the posts, which speaks well to customer service, and since you can daisy chain them, you only need to have one camera that's cell capable.

I used to use cuddebacks exclusively. Their pics were incredible. Problem was they would stop working almost immediately after warranty and in my experience their customer service blows. Out of warranty go kill yourself. I miss using their cameras but in my experience they couldn’t care less. If they were like Fish Hawk, they’re all I’d use.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, dvdegeorge said:

Spartan seem to be the best cellular cams right now

Cellular cams are a rabbit hole I choose not to go down at this time

Yes and yes. God, I cant even imagine...

We use Coverts on our lease.  No complaints they have been solid.  You better be prepared however.... At work when your shooter walks by will happen  :)   Or in our case my wife was ten minutes from putting the turkey on the table at Thanksgiving!  And it was the buck she was chasing.. LOL  It was only the second daylight picture we got of him all year....

• 2 weeks later...

I have been running spy point link micro as well. I like that I can pick and choose cellular coverage. I have two locations and my second location the nationwide cam ( AT and T) works ok but Verizon is terrible so I use AT&T in Wyoming county.  My other location, Livingston county, Verizon camera gets great coverage so I use Verizon there. Also there are no extra plans to buy through the cell company and its all done through app.  You do have to pay some money to manage multiple cams on same account and also unlimited pics is extra as well.

• 1 month later...

i am running 5  spypoints now.  2 micros and 3 link ws  and they are really nice.  a couple spots  are really low on signal. so  trying the extended antennas in those spots to see if that helps.  but the ones with  2 or more bars of signal send pics really consistent.   its really nice for scouting certain spots. i am watching this one thicket  that there was a big one hanging out in  so put that camera there and wont hunt it till i see him showing himself!   but  we have been moving some around to different places as we see tracks. the first 100 pictures are free then after that you have to pay like 5 $ a month for 250 pics.  Me, my dad, and my cousin all have the app so we all get the pictures at the same time which is fun!

My 2 cams with Moultrie Mobile are working great. I am going to relocate them to some food sources this week and try to put a late season game plan together.

This is a pic from last night just after sunset. Passed on this guy at 40 yards last week.

image.thumb.png.3d7c01e7a61a410160f8efff88052d71.png

Edited by reeleyz