Cellular game cameras

hookmeup

After much research, went with MoultrieMobile cellulars. Bought 6 with the $50 mail in rebates. Have had these in the field since Oct 1st. They work awesome. Very easy set ups. They are sensitive to light and temp change, so there is a learning curve to positioning. Settings are easily changeable from the app. Many different data plans. Each camera is $10/month for 850 pictures. Cabelas had another special running with the rebate brings the camera price to $99
These things are great, especially for those areas that are a couple miles off the road.
You just need to pick verizon or at&t. Has nothing to do with your current cell phone plan (which I originally thought it did) you can use both if one cell company has better service in a certain area.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hookmeup said:

After much research, went with MoultrieMobile cellulars. Bought 6 with the $50 mail in rebates. Have had these in the field since Oct 1st. They work awesome. Very easy set ups. They are sensitive to light and temp change, so there is a learning curve to positioning. Settings are easily changeable from the app. Many different data plans. Each camera is $10/month for 850 pictures. Cabelas had another special running with the rebate brings the camera price to $99
These things are great, especially for those areas that are a couple miles off the road.
You just need to pick verizon or at&t. Has nothing to do with your current cell phone plan (which I originally thought it did) you can use both if one cell company has better service in a certain area.

wow didnt know, thanks for the info.. i have tmobile which in Allegany County is spotty . so think the verizon carrier for this cellcam will be ok?

Frogger. I think you are probably asking so you could have the camera send a picture to confirm it’s working? You cannot ping the camera to just take a picture immediately but, there is way to confirm the camera is working. From the app you can set the camera to time lapse mode (in this mode you tell the camera what time to rake a picture and how frequently to do it). So technically you could have it send you a test pic once a day or as many tomes as you would like. You just can’t trigger it instantaneously at the push of a single button.

Trouthumter24. I live in Niagara county and hunt Niagara and orleans counties mostly. Verizon seems to work best where i am, i think on their website they had a map showing coverages for the two carriers. I bought mine from cabelas because they give you 90 days to return items.

Thanks Hookmeup for the info. Makes sense.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United
The Bushnell aggresor can be pinged to take a pic. I've used it a few times. It's a cool feature especially if you have cam on a field edge near a stand and want to make sure it's clear.