Olcott Labor Day weekend.

Came up from Ohio to fish Olcott this past weekend. Saturday was a little bumpy...we started off in 200’ and worked out to 450’. We got one 18 pounder in 250’ on rigger 55 down with orange spoon. Also a couple shakers and smaller steelhead on meat. Nothing on flies for us. 

Sunday we got 3 nice ones.  A 24 an 18 and 15. They were all on spin doc and no see um fly. Dipsy 3 setting 200 back. One 10 pound steel down 100. We stayed inside this time from Olcott to the microwave. Fished 100-130’. Best was right in front of microwave. Nothing on meat.  We did have a few hits that came unbuttoned. 

Monday we fished same spot as Sunday. Lost one out of the gate but then landed a 30 pounder good enough for 8th place in the loc. That was on meat rig down 77. We had a few hits on flys today but they came off. We got one other on the same meat rig smaller but he ran right into the kicker prop and chopped himself up. 

Not it bad considering the wind was every direction the past few days   

1B2D35EF-F613-405E-B8EF-CF3BEF449125.jpeg

EBD9A386-59BB-49B7-AAA4-658813893669.jpeg

92A44B9E-93D5-4CFE-ABF1-EB04A6DCF071.jpeg

• Like 2

Very nice! You have a really nice set up. I  am a little jealous! Your wife knew just what needed done to get the boat ready for the road. We were in the Lund yesterday at the ramp when you were buttoning everything down getting ready to head home. We followed each other on 90 for quite a while back to Ohio. We landed 5 for 7 yesterday morning in 70 to 120 ft east of Olcott. Largest was 29 lbs. Meat rigs worked best for us. We landed some on spoons and only one on a Spin Dr and fly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, djw13cwru said:

Way to go on a 30 lber!

I've landed plenty of fish at the back of the boat, but never had one commit suicide into the prop! 

If u look close at that pic u can see it all chopped up!  Had to hide to take the pic!  Lol

83981C84-09B2-4CC5-BEA2-D543DD849EC0.jpeg

Thanks all!  Yes it was crazy how many people were there from Ohio. Seemed like not after boat on 90 west. Yes I’m lucky the wife likes going and knows what she’s doing. She’s trying to get me to go back up there in the next couple weeks!