Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GAMBLER

Salmon pier fishing derby

Great idea. Now how do you know if fish was caught from pier vs boat?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Dunkirk, NY Fishing

I realize this is a Lake Ontario forum, but considering the number of members here that fish all over the region, I'm hoping someone can give me some into. (Admins, if this topic would be better in a different subforum, please feel free to move it).   Anyway, we'll be fishing out of Dunkirk this Saturday on Erie's eastern basin for Spring Lakers and I was wondering if any of you have fished out of this port before. Mainly trying to figure out some good general zones to target Char but

in Questions About Trout & Salmon Trolling?

• Creek Salmon eat Skein, but staging Salmon Don't bite

I have a friend that catches tons of salmon in the creeks and rivers on Skein. In fact two years ago he took me to the falls on the Genesee and we caught about 6 or 7 huge Kings on Skein. So why do I have such trouble getting a staging Salmon to hit, as I troll back and forth through a screen covered with salmon, trying everything in my arsenal? Usually this results in nothing but frustration. I'm wondering if if should just drift over them with Skein!   Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario

in Open Lake Discussion

• Old fishing reels and antique ice rod/reel

Just cleaning out old stuff and thought someone would be interested in these. Selling altogether. $50 cash. Twinsburg, Ohio. Two different views in pics. All reels in good shape and work. I'm an open face spinner guy. These were my uncles from way back. View the full article

in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent

• Kring point fishing

I’m headed to Kring point Wednesday for 6 days. I’ve never been there before but I’ve read almost everything I can find on fishing up there. I was planning on just fishing in the bay that’s there but I read somewhere that it’s overwhelmed with weeds this time of year? Basically I’m just looking to catch anything that I can put in the cooler, pike, perch, if I’m lucky maybe come walleye or crappie. Anyone have any input, tips? Thanks. 

in St. Lawrence River Fishing Reports - 1000 Islands Fishing

• If you happen to catch a #20 salmon with a rod and reel attached...

Flying up Saturday morning for my annual trip with my Dad. He's been up per fishing when he can get out by himself (81 years young!)   He was in 639 FOW yesterday when he hit a nice salmon, about #20, and got it to the boat. Whatever happened, he was having a devil of a time netting the fish...   So he put the rod down to try and net the fish...   ... Missed the fish...   ... Fish takes off...   ... with the whole rig... tackle, rod, and reel...   Plus, when he went to try and grab t

in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)