Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EsoxAC3

Fishing trip

Hello. Wondering if anyone might have some recommendations for oneida. I do a weekend fishing trip every fall with a bunch of guys I used to work with. We usually fish the st Lawrence but the water conditions this year prevented the boat from going in. So we are trying our luck at oneida since its closer for everyone. Launching from Cleveland. Targeting smallies and walleye.... but really anything that bites. Any direction is very much appreciated as oneida is very new to us all. Thank you and tight lines.

Anthony

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We fished Oneida for a few hours on Labor day weekend. It was a bit windy and we didn't do too well. The word is the lake is full of Gizzard Shad this time of year so there is plenty of forage to compete with. That said, look for birds diving over schools of bait fish. The smallies will be in the same area. Also try the windward side of points. The lake is very weedy this time of year but it's full of fish so you just need to find them and convince them to bite!    

Thanks for the info!! We were blown off the lake and only fished for a few hours. It was not ideal. Did manage a few eyes. The baitfish seemed very abundant. Appreciate the direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United