I talked Admiral Byrd into giving it a shot this morning and  it turned out to be a beautiful and productive day. We motored out to the 5 hundreds to start as neither of us are into "zombie fishing" and marked a bunch of fish, and continued out to 725 ft. somewhere along the line my 300 copper took a shot and sunk the board after a nice fight we had  34 inch 14 lb male steelhead in the boat...he was spent and bleeding badly so we boxed him. As we headed in from the 700's we got into another steelie and some 7 or 8 pound kings which we released. Bob then caught a couple kings  in the high teens to twentyish range on the riggers  with mag spoons set about 70-75 ft deep. I had only one hit on my rigger but his was active (both of us using sliders). We each ran wires at various depths with paddles and Spin Docs neither had a touch the entire time despite multiple changes of set-ups..I had another smallish king on the 300 copper with a magnum Dreamweaver. While out there in the depths I had one of the hardest hits on the 300 copper that I have ever had in all my time fishing. After a huge couple runs which were continuing without me being able to control anything the haywire twist on the copper apparently gave way to the pressure and the fish took off north for Canada....with 300 foot of copper and my Dreamweaver. It was also the first time I  have ever had a 30 pound copper break  or break at the Spro swivel. Anyway it was a gorgeous day out there and Bob and I busted each other the entire time so we both had a lot of fun as well.

hughesAM.jpg

bobhardatwork.jpg

bobsalmon.jpg

14lbsteelie.jpg

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Thanks Mike....fun on the copper and would have made a nice rainbow division derby entry nearly anyplace:smile:

Edited by Sk8man

:lol: That was one of the better ones played on me:yes: Just glad it wasn't the Super Googly:lol: Still number one though is Bob's sending me a fishing kit for Christmas used for practicing fishing in the toilet bowl:lol:

supergoogly.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

supposed to lay down later,The fish haven't moved to staging area yet and now is the time to get them.

Hope to see you guys out there later.

Always wanted to lasso a big salmon like they do the tuna and drag him through the back door.now that would be funny.lol

Hey Les,

Glad to hear you guys had a good day out of Hughes! Fishing out of there has been very good all year. Theresa and I have our boat slipped there now and we also have an RV up there as well. Next time you are coming up, give me a shout and maybe we can get out for a trip or at the very least catch up for a bit.

Jason

It seems that I have a group of friends who enjoy ball busting, especially when its about / around Les. Well one of those friends who has been absent from our fishing for a while reminded me of another self inflicted epic event in the Life - of - Les, something to do with a swordfish sandwich! I know I'm still in tears and it was several years ago now. Thanks Scott.

Thanks Jason will do  I always enjoy fishing and or chatting with you and Theresa.:smile: Give my her best regards and hope to catch up with you folks soon.

Bob - You and Scott are sick buckaroos - cheap shot :lol: