iPilot remote issue

Gator

Anybody else find that the latest style iPilot remote is difficult to read in sunlight? I actually returned mine when I bought a new Terrova, thinking that it was defective, but the new remote is exactly the same. The screen resolution is crap and the contrast - which is adjustable - looks horrible even at max. Here's pictures to illustrate what I mean. The first is from the web and looks like every advertisement for iPilot and the second is my actual remote. Ignore the motor not found, I simply hadn't paired it yet. Did I get two bad units, or is this Minn Kota touching up their advertising pictures unrealistically?

gdonxgM.jpg7w6uMGC.jpg

Keith the ad image was probably optimized in something like Photoshop or Lightroom where there is nearly total control of lighting and contrast etc. outside that of the device itself. It is done with most advertising images  and unfortunately the "live" object is not really comparable in most cases with the photographed and optimized image of the object itself.

When I had that problem with one of my depth finders in the past I made an opaque shade from plastic fastened it on with velcro around the display  and it helped  quite a bit

Edited by Sk8man

Yeah, the old ones aren't the greatest, but I never had the problems seeing the screen that I do on the new one. I have no clue why...it seems like a major misstep for what is otherwise a flawless product. The screen on my Commodore 64 looked better lol. And the real ??? is that the screen in their advertisement is easily achievable (and without Photoshop :wink:).