Cayuga south end 9/13

Got out from 7am to 11:15am before the wind and waves came up. Went 16 for 17 lakers and salmon. Most lakers were the 7-8lb range, all the salmon were sub legal. Speed at the ball was 2.2-3.0. 70-250FOW. 10 color leadcore did the work, but dipseys at 130 and riggers at 45 and 60 both took fish as well. Bright scorpion size spoons and standard DW’s in black/silver were the tickets. Light fleas, top water was 68, below 60’ down was mid 40’s. Every fish we got was super fat, healthy and were ready to go back in.

• Like 2

Good to hear Cody! I tried Cayuga out of long point yesterday morning and wasn't nearly as lucky. Only had 3 dipsys out and got a lot of grass on them but that was it in about 3 hours. Saw lots of action on the finder, so tried some jigging around Aurora in 80-90' FOW with no luck either. Does dipsy color matter? New to trolling and only have a couple of colors (white, clear and a purple fire), so i'm sure i'm messing up with other trolling points/techniques but was just curious. 

I stopped into bass pro on the way home and got more gear because I needed some therapy shopping after getting skunked :lol:

I was using a black dipsey, #3 setting to pull it out away with the o-ring. My leader from the dipsey to the lure was probably close to 10 feet. Also ran a shorter leader and that one never got touched. I ran long leads the whole time to try and be sneaky behind the balls and dispeys. Even my leadcore leader is 40 or 50’. Seems to help.

Also the Fish Hawk was pretty important. The south to north troll was really far off from the north to south troll because the current was pretty fast in the fish depths. At least a MPH difference depending on the direction compared to what the GPS was showing as speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app