Octopus drives

chinook35

Next project autopilot. My GLS 220 is a manual steering mercruiser Alpha 1. Any bodily have input on autopilots ? I don’t intend to change to hydraulic. I’m looking at the Octopus system. Yea or nay ? My bungee cord autopilot works but doesn’t hold a course very well. [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

I have a Simrad AP24 with the octopus drive helm on 24' Trophy hardtop with mercruiser I/O. Bought it used last year. Two seasons so far and it is the best money I ever spent. Actually only use steering wheel in the channel now, as soon as we're in open water the autopilot is on whether trolling or under power.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

I had my sport pilot drive replaced with an Octopus Unit this spring. Love it!! Reused the Raymarine head unit, course computer, and flux gate compass. Octopus said it wasn’t compatible but Hank L&M made it work with an additional toggle switch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Chinook 35,

I have a used Octopus type R  drive that I took off of my boat last year that I will sell if it fits your boat. The only reason that I removed it from my boat is because I bought a 15hp kicker and have power assist steering on the boat so I switched to hydraulic steering. The drive has only 2 seasons on it for about a total of 120 hours and works perfectly. Feel free to call me with any questions. 585-260-2282( Shawn)

20190922_151605.jpg

Hi Chinook 35,

I have a used Octopus type R  drive that I took off of my boat last year that I will sell if it fits your boat. The only reason that I removed it from my boat is because I bought a 15hp kicker and have power assist steering on the boat so I switched to hydraulic steering. The drive has only 2 seasons on it for about a total of 120 hours and works perfectly. Feel free to call me with any questions. 585-260-2282( Shawn)
20190922_151605.thumb.jpg.9d16906bf52fc230e7995b6d9516632b.jpg

Thanks for the offer. I would be very interested. According to the Octopus website. I need a different drive for 1983-1993 mercruiser

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app