Lower River Salmon Run

I am assuming that with your handle WNYfishingfolks, WNY stands for Western New York? Lower Niagara is usually best in October for Kings.  See that Lucky, gave facts with no saltiness.  

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Lucky13 said:

One person's "saltiness" is another person's jocularity.  Lighten up a little!

Lol but yes I meant lower Niagara. Always got out later in the follow (with no success) but I’m getting the itch to do some kinda salmon/trout fishing. Wasn’t sure if it got fish earlier than the rest of the region and was curious about it

I was replying to the Guilty Hooker... Oh, did I misspell that?

I looked for a USGS gage that you could use to predict based on Temperature and flow, but there does not appear to be any flow monitoring by the feds on the river.  I also checked the 18 Mile gage and the Kenyonville gages, but they don't monitor temperature at either. 

Water temp will be same as water temp off Buffalo. A word on flow. Be advised the water level starts rising around 8:45 am as the power authority has to allow for water going over the falls for sightseers. If you are out on a rock, you may get stranded and/or die. The power of the water is no joke and all the rocks are slick as hell.