Wind turbines on Lake Erie

Big can of WORMS

by jojo wilczewski

17 minutes ago

Goodday

Jojo want to know how we all

Feel about the wind turbines out on Lake Erie?

They are claiming environmental harm and. Harm to the fishery?

I don’t see either.

I only see a clean free power supply .

Of course I see the wind mills but don’t see the harm? No body ever opposes a sky scraper or a grain mill and they are just as visible.

The birds still run into both types of structures

And both are not natural.

I am for the power source , since it will lessen our dependence on foreign oil, power and keep American dollars in America

Please voice your opinion in comments.

Jojoworkingfortomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

jojo, There is a 10 year 25 page discussion here on LOU on that subject.

https://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/topic/13341-wind-turbines-on-lake-ontario/#comments

There has been a push for offshore turbines in Lake Ontario for many years with attempts by several wind corporations shot down. There are a lot of understandable reasons to object to them discussed there. I have followed some of it over the years but can't remember it all. A big reason is that it would be owned and managed by corporate entities that don't care at all about anything except making money. There are environmental reasons discussed there which you can't expect those corporations to operate or follow through with concern for. They have too many lawyers with legal loopholes in their pockets. Also, all or most of the power generated by them would go to NYC. So if they want wind power in NYC, they should put them off shore there in the ocean and not potentially cause environmental problems in the great lakes.

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:29 AM, jwilczewski said:

Big can of WORMS

by jojo wilczewski

17 minutes ago

Goodday

Jojo want to know how we all

Feel about the wind turbines out on Lake Erie?

They are claiming environmental harm and. Harm to the fishery?

I don’t see either.

I only see a clean free power supply .

Of course I see the wind mills but don’t see the harm? No body ever opposes a sky scraper or a grain mill and they are just as visible.

The birds still run into both types of structures

And both are not natural.

I am for the power source , since it will lessen our dependence on foreign oil, power and keep American dollars in America

Please voice your opinion in comments.

Jojoworkingfortomorrow

When the seals go in them and oil leaks out into the water, I would say that classifies as environmental harm.....They kill birds that fly into the blades, more expensive to build and maintain, and they don't last forever and are expensive to take down or rebuild. 

21 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

Hate to have to navigate around them in the fog.

You take the fun out of everything Billy!  What's more fun than playing roulette in the fog!