Sodus reports & tourney info...

Finders Keepers

How did people do on Sodus this weekend? I'm looking to take a buddy of mine out tomorrow and I'm wondering where's the best place to go? Anyone getting much off the old coal trussle??

Also, does anyone know the details of the tourney that starts next weekend? Cost to register, prize structure, places to weigh in and their times, etc.? Thanks!

I know that the bayside is sponsoring a tournament on Jan 31st. Registration is at the restaraunt and costs 10 bucks. Biggest Perch and Biggest Pike win $$$$$! Also there will be a couple tents set up outback with drink and food specials! Should be a hell of a day!

Got out today at 7am and started at the NE corner of Eagle Island. Got a few around 10" but no lunkers. At 9am headed into the cove NW of Eagle Island and worked that area for a little over an hour with little action. I was joined by my buddy with a snow mobile and we decided to treck across the bay to the NW side of Leroy Island. There we managed a slow steady pick at 'em with some around 13". Ended the day at 2:30 and had around 45 in the bucket. Not bad, but still haven't gotten into the lunker perch yet!!

Josh - I haven't heard of the Bayside Tourney. I don't know if I will be making that one as I have no experience on Iron. Bay. The one I am referring to is the one being hosted on Sodus Bay by the Sodus Point Lodge (I just got off the phone with them) that runs 2 weekends: Feb. 21/22, and March 14/15. They were going to run a round this coming weekend, but a large group they were counting on can't make it. $20/person to enter each round, Grand Angler Award (~$1,000 over both rounds), each round: First place cash prize each division (currently $700), Second Place (currently $450), Third place (currently $250). The more people that enter, the higher the cash prizes. 8)

Thanks Hank! 8) That's the one I'm talkin' about. However, they have not updated their Rules and Regs page yet to reflect the cancelling of the January round. Also, I was told on the phone that registration is only $20/person/round and not $50 as stated on the website (it might be $50 if you're going for the Grand Angler Award). Let's hope the ice sticks around for both rounds! Now I just need to figure out where to catch some BIG walleye....

I heard from some others that were out yesterday that they nailed them good in the cove North of Eagle Island, so I thought I'd give it a shot today since I have never fished there. I thought it would be fairly shallow, but to my surprise it was a good 12-14' deep. Seems like the perch have been on the move lately - you just have to hit it in the right spot at the right time.