Anyone with a autopilot that trolls...

charb

Grady White 232 Gulfstream with twin 150 Yamahas. Lowrance outboard pilot. Trolls great in anything under 5 foot waves. Struggles going into big waves, but works fine going with them. The lazy S turns have caught me lots of fish on tough days, and the circle back has helped me recover lost tackle.

• Like 3

Pursuit 255 Offshore with 250 Yamaha.  Raymarine ACU-100 tied into existing SeaStar hydraulic system. 3 yrs since the install,  580 hours, using it 80% of the time trolling and has been worry free. 

• Like 1

Kind of autopilot. Have a 19’ stripper with 150 hp and 8t hp Yamaha. I also have a Minnkota Ulterra with ipilot I use for autopilot. The 8 hp pushes the boat and the minnkota steers the boat with a remote or through my Humminbird helix. Can pick a heading , follow depth contours or select waypoints and off we go. Works great plus it has an anchor feature too.

just depends how big your boat is , but they did just come out with a 87” shaft for larger boats. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

22 foot Grady white Bimini 220. Lowarance outboard auto pilot. Hydraulic. I have my kicker connected to 175 Evinrude outboard using ez steer bar. Controlled by Lowarance HDS 7. AMAZING UNIT. works precisely in any waves I've been in up to 4 to 5s. My only worry: if it or the fishfinder ever breaks. My understanding is there is no repair. For that reason I wouldn't get it again.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 10/21/2019 at 10:10 PM, pfleegie11 said:

I have the same boat and was told a 9.9 was not large enough. Do u have any trouble on windy days or large wave days?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have a tr-1 on a 9.9 ex.long shaft.  26' striper boat.. i hate the tr-1 pilot in 2' or more waves ,we will run the big motor than, never buy another for the money...

16 hours ago, Reel Overtime said:

I have a tr-1 on a 9.9 ex.long shaft.  26' striper boat.. i hate the tr-1 pilot in 2' or more waves ,we will run the big motor than, never buy another for the money...

What do you hate about the TR-1? I've read lots of comments here about people with the TR-1 gold unit that say the exact opposite.

26 Penn Yan Hardtop,, straight IB , 454, Raymarine ST 6001 Smart Pilot tapped into hydraulic lines, I drag two 48 inch bags to get to walleye speed, This setup will troll into or abeam of 4 footers at 2.0 mph like its on rails , its an older system but I just bought a backup computer as I hope it lasts longer than me

Grady White 208 with 150 Yamaha and 15 hp Yamaha kicker. Current AP is TR1. If it’s windy, I put trolling bags, one on each side off the front cleats, and increase RPMs on the kicker. The increased RPMs give the kicker more thrust to steer with. The 10 and 15 minute circle function is a really good way to do turns with a spread out. I like this feature so much that I want an AP with control head so it’s easier to do. I do not like the fact it’s discontinued and I’m replacing with Raymarine EV150 with kicker tied to the main. If the TR1 had a modern user interface to easily use all the features, it’d be the ultimate trolling solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app