Keuka water temps?

kstitan8

Bob, thanks. You think the bass are still in there summer patterns?

9/25/19-

70 degrees f at pen yan water treatment plant..   I personally don't like sept for bass in any of the finger lakes... They are much more active in late oct.. That water is still very warm. Its been a very warm sept..... bob

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Look, its always worth a shot, so don't let my opinion sway you very much.. I just don't do near as well   at the end of a very warm september, as I do at the end of a cool october.. Actually for me personally, November is my best bass month by far, and always has been, BUT, I fish mostly Smallmouths, not Largemouths, and they do like cooler water.. Right at this time, if i wanted Largemouths out of Keuka i would fish  weed edges from say 10-20 feet at the north end with big live shiners, and leave the plastic worms at home...  Smallmouths I would fish rocky points with crayfish colored  jigs  in 20 foot or so of water... bob

Caught multiple large small mouth in the NE corner during or FLTA event last Sunday. 

They are suspended on bait out there 40-50'.  Hot lure for them was a jointed shad rap in perch.  Our largest was 20" many 3 to 4 lbers in there.

We were trolling.. 

Water temp was 70.