Pulled the boat. Great season

I wanted to thank Jeremy and all the great people of the LOU. This was my third year back at it since I was a youngster. I learned so much. Mostly I learned to embrace, cherish and the respect hunt. Finding these fish was a challenge, but when we did, it was unreal.

A couple thoughts....April, May and June were lights out.

I did better early in the season especially for mature kings. Braddocks 80-120.

July was a tad more challenging. Then August was deep deep water. I have never gone out that far before but after a couple trips I got used to it.

I didn't troll much in front of the Genesee late season.

Key take aways of 2019.

East wind was not my friend.

Buy a long extendable net.

Cheaters are worth it.

Meat was worth the learning curve and the price.

Green/Black spoons were the chosen spoon for me.

My copper tied to lead tied to a flrcrbn leader was my best long line. By far!

Buds Divers are amazing.

Thank you to all the great post and pics of the kids, families, and heartfelt stories that go beyond fishing.

Time to start pulling the bow.

Tim

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 4

I wanted to thank Jeremy and all the great people of the LOU. This was my third year back at it since I was a youngster. I learned so much. Mostly I learned to embrace, cherish and the respect hunt. Finding these fish was a challenge, but when we did, it was unreal.

A couple thoughts....April, May and June were lights out.

I did better early in the season especially for mature kings. Braddocks 80-120.

July was a tad more challenging. Then August was deep deep water. I have never gone out that far before but after a couple trips I got used to it.

I didn't troll much in front of the Genesee late season.

Key take aways of 2019.
East wind was not my friend.
Buy a long extendable net.
Cheaters are worth it.
Meat was worth the learning curve and the price.
Green/Black spoons were the chosen spoon for me.
My copper tied to lead tied to a flrcrbn leader was my best long line. By far!
Buds Divers are amazing.

Thank you to all the great post and pics of the kids, families, and heartfelt stories that go beyond fishing.

Time to start pulling the bow.

Tim

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Lake Ontario United mobile app

X2, it was by far my best year in about 5 years that I have been coming. I only get out about half a dozen times a year. This was first year to Braddock's. Reading these reports has helped my success, and probably my new fish hawk. Thanks to all who post. Trying to get out one more time before getting out bow.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What i find particularly encouraging is seeing the knowledge and skill development of the fisherpersons using this website; not long ago people like Jeremy and others were sorting through information, incorporating, and experimenting with techniques offered by seasoned charter and sports fishermen alike and have now come into their own as savy, competent sources of information and experience themselves and sharing it with others. Best of all is seeing these fisherpersons involve young people and their own children in the process and passing on the ethics underlying the sport. Hooray for LOU!:smile::yes:

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What i find particularly encouraging is seeing the knowledge and skill development of the fisherpersons using this website; not long ago people like Jeremy and others were sorting through information, incorporating, and experimenting with techniques offered by seasoned charter and sports fishermen alike and have now come into their own as savy, competent sources of information and experience themselves and sharing it with others. Best of all is seeing these fisherpersons involve young people and their own children in the process and passing on the ethics underlying the sport. Hooray for LOU!:smile::yes:

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 1