Oneida

greenhornet73

Haven’t been out on Oneida yet this year but thinking of heading out to the East end.  Are eyes still being picked from the  channel or are the numbers better in shallower water?  I have spots in mind so don’t need exact locations but just a general idea of what’s happening out there. Thanks!

I fished Saturday and Sunday out deep.  Saturday I forgot my tackle bag from when I switched over from the salmon gear, but scratched out a limit on some spoons I had on the boat.  Sunday instead of the light SW wind predicted we had ENE about 15 mph.  Caught 4 keepers and a few slob perch on my normal stuff.  Marked plenty but they might have been turned off by the east wind.  Rough enough that we only did one big down wind pass and had to call it.

Cool good report for not ideal conditions. I’m taking my dad out for some jigging and drifting for probably our only trip out together for the year so hoping to find some fish.  Will probably start in the channel out east then move into the weeds for perch if we aren’t doing much.  Are they active on the bottom or suspended?  

I went out yesterday morning on the North side and only got one little one. Only my second time trying for eyes so I know my tactics and techniques still need work. I was fishing the bottom but I talked to a guy afterwards who said they were mostly suspended at about 20ft over the deeper parts of the lake (40+ fow)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Went out this afternoon and found the same, lots suspended 25-35’ over 40’.  I picked up one keeper on a jig before deciding to drop the downriggers and pull crankbaits for a while before heading in with no takes.  Work hard for them without much to show but looking forward to it picking up in a couple weeks

After the trip was over I was wishing I had tried Shackleton instead but the dark clouds were rolling in and I didn’t want to venture further out from our starting point.  Heading down to the Bronx this weekend but will be back at it the following weekend in hopes of a more aggressive bite