Sold / Closed SOLD

Hi LazyRiver585 - Thanks for sharing your opinion. 

I know the net you are talking about as I looked at quite a few spots before purchasing.

This model is larger then the one offered at Dicks. the $80 net is a hoop width of 25" This is the ranger 9877 tfb with a width at 37" and depth of 44".

Here is a photo to confirm. 

IMG_0096.JPG

Screenshot 2019-09-26 22.16.48.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LazyRiver585 said:

I’m not exactly sure why you paid so much for that net, they are only $80 brand new. I own 3 rangers already. If you don’t believe me you can look at dicks or fishusa. Either way, lemme know when you’ll take $40 for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Feel good about yourself?

For anyone that might be interested in the net please send me personal message. This model retails for more then a previous poster has described.

However I feel his post has moved away from it intended purpose and now to some might be in question so I will leave the listing up for the remainder of the weekend then pull it down.

Thanks,

-Chris

Hey, 'cmon guys, lay off C3M. Ranger does make a net with that model # that sells in that price range. It's Model #9877TFBHD. The T denotes the telescopic handle, the FB denotes flat bottom netting, the HD denotes heavy duty netting. There is a Model #9877TFB that doesn't have the heavy duty netting, which would obviously cost less, and the Model #9877FB, without the telescopic handle would be even cheaper. The Musky Shop sells the heavy duty unit for $149.99 plus $30.00 shipping, so it sounds to me like C3M got a pretty good deal paying $140. Don't be so quick to accuse a guy of scamming, try getting your facts straight first. What are you, Democrats?

Edited by nickihoyboy
  • Like 3

I have the same net. works great for kings in the 20# and over range. I paid 150 for mine.  the only down side is it is pretty heavy, I use a lot lighter net when fishing for walleye. when you have a big King on the line you don't notice the weight and the extra length is a must have. 

we just bought one of the new Beckman nets at a bait shop in Ludington Michigan on our trip up to Manistee salmon fishing. I cant give you much info off hand but it looks great, has rubberized netting, a large enough hoop for salmon and extendable handle. it was like 149.00 but they had one for more and a cheaper one that was out of stock. Beckman nets are back by the new owner.

Edited by sherman brown
  • Like 1

nickihoyboy and DoubleTrouble1 - Thanks for the back up. I'm never looking to scam folks in my own fishing community that is what Ebay is for.

Whaler1 has made an offer and I would much rather sell to someone who regularly contributes to the site with positive feedback.

For those that are referencing the Beckman net - I almost bought one for more $$ from S & R tackle in Irondequoit. Not sure if he still has that one of not.

As one Liberal once said "I like my story, don't confuse me with the facts!"

Two weeks ago I noticed an ad with a high price on some reels.

Out of RESPECT for other fisherman on this site, I sent him a Private Message.

Hope you sell your net.

I like my Ranger net

Edited by JAYRFRED

Hey Chris, no problem. You handled the whole thing with a lot of class. Not sure I would have been so polite after somebody made that kind of uninformed statement, then compounded it with an asinine and insulting offer. Fortunately, most everyone else on this site had the good sense to realize the sale was honest. I continue to be impressed by the class the folks on LOU show and I hope it continues to stay this way. I'm just bummed that the Big Jon planer reels got sold before I had a chance at them. Keep it going everybody!!

Nick

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

Getting a new net this weekend! Looking forward to meeting C3M. Good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

If you change your mind let me know. I was just about to sent a pm to him.

So the tale of the Ranger net sale has concluded with a happy seller and a happy buyer

All of us learned a bit during this journey

But most of all we learned to trust and respect our fellow fisherman 

Always remember if you have something to say, you can always use the PM function

Happy Fishing to all, and to all good night! 

• Like 3