Ibay 9/29

Shakemsam

This time of year the water temp is the key. When the big lake turns over, it forces them in for short spurts of time throughout September. Last year, we really did not find any in the bay until temps were in the upper 50’s around mid month. I did find them last year in Fairhaven for the first two weeks of October and also Erie. Kept us busy until they showed up locally.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

We fished the bay yesterday from 7:30 till 11:00. Plenty of action on the small perch all morning. Finally found some good keepers later on our last stop. We caught one and it puked up a couple of 2" alewives. I didn't realize that any alewives spent time in the bays. Never thought that the perch were eating them either. Anyone ever hear of this?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Anyone getting any numbers? I'm having no problem finding fish. The sonar's lit up in some of the usual haunts. Getting them to turn on is another thing. Was out today 4/12 and Tuesday 4/7 and I'll I'm getting is a handful of milting males. I'm used to getting 40-50 in a day this time of year, not 4-5.

IMG_7554.JPG IMG_7553.JPGIMG_7555.JPG

Last Monday they were in 35-50’. Inside of that was all small fish. My buddy was out there two days later and they were still there but actively spawning and the bite was way slower. Very light bite for us. You had to leave the line slack or they would drop it.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app