• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NortheastHardcoreSportsman

Electric Downrigger Suggestions

MAGNUM METALZ.

MADE IN USA.

EXCELLENT SERVICE.

CALL AND TALK TO THE GUY THAT BUILDS THEM.

ROCK SOLID.

NO BEADS OR AUTO STOP ISSUES. SLIP CLUTCH WORKS!

LIFTS 20 LBS. LIKE NOTHING ON THERE.

1. FULL 20190609_140657.thumb.jpg.b0d303517c782fb86d4cacfaab5463eb.jpgSEASON ON THEM AND ZERO ISSUES. 

PRICED FOR REALITY!

WORTH CHECKING OUT.

ENUFF SAID.

On 10/3/2019 at 6:23 PM, spoonfed-1 said:

I just talked to a friend of mine who put on the 2116's years ago. He never had the condensation issue but has replaced the counters in all four after three seasons. When he bought his they had no power switch. The new counters have a power button so you can turn them off when not in use. He said he paid about $50.00 for each counter. I think I'll stick with my old 1116's. Thanks for the info as I never heard about the counter problems until now.

can't go wrong with either, I own both and have no complaints with either.  But then, I haven't had a boat in the water since 2013 , but I've owned Scottys since 2002 or so.

Tim

I have used Cannon mag 10-A's for 30+ years, probably average 300+ hours a year trolling not any problems yet.

All salt fishing in Alaska.

I've had a pair of 10 A's for 37 years and still going strong and although it may sound odd I'm happy they aren't "high speed" as "slow speed" matches my style better nowadays:lol: (gives me time to change up lures and re-rig things on the way up)

14 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

Problem is they were never rated for heavy weights

I have been using 12# pancakes for 10 yrs with my 10-A's

On 10/28/2019 at 7:23 AM, TIME OFF said:

MAGNUM METALZ.

MADE IN USA.

EXCELLENT SERVICE.

CALL AND TALK TO THE GUY THAT BUILDS THEM.

ROCK SOLID.

NO BEADS OR AUTO STOP ISSUES. SLIP CLUTCH WORKS!

LIFTS 20 LBS. LIKE NOTHING ON THERE.

1. FULL 20190609_140657.thumb.jpg.b0d303517c782fb86d4cacfaab5463eb.jpgSEASON ON THEM AND ZERO ISSUES. 

PRICED FOR REALITY!

WORTH CHECKING OUT.

ENUFF SAID.

X2

After reading all this, I sure am glad that I have four Traxtech riggers on my boat!  Turn the unit on, drop the weight in & set zero at the surface, key in the depth you want to go to & hit auto down, (unit has slow down start & stop), if  you want to go up key in the depth you want & hit auto up, done fishing hit auto up & the weight comes up quickly with slow down for the last 5 feet. Four flawless years on them now.

good luck to all

john

Edited by Iceman

Good info. A lot of times folks get stuck in gear thinking Cannons and Scotty's are the only answer:lol: