Conesus Conesus perch

I just set up a camper at the Conesus Lake Campground and had some questions about Conesus Lake.  I've fished it a couple of times for bass, but since it's about to become my "home lake", I'd like to know more, particularly about the walleye and panfish.  If I had to guess, I'd think that Conesus probably doesn't offer the same quality of cool water fishing for big yellow perch that many of the other lakes do, am I right?  What about crappie, is it just a matter of them being in there, or is it really a predictable fishery for numbers of decent crappie?  I've seen lots of other inquiries about the walleye and figure it's mostly a spring night bite or a trolling bite, so I won't even ask about that.

Until now I've done some fishing on Canandaigua and Seneca, but would probably consider Keuka and Skaneateles to be my favorites.  I have to admit that I'm excited to start fishing Conesus, Honeoye and maybe even Hemlock more.

Conesus perch made a decent showing a couple winters ago and returned to ghosts again.  The perch fishing there is nothing like it was 40 years ago.  IMO, it is a waste of time and there are way better places to find them.  Walleye can be found around the weed lines, or suspended on alewife mid lake.  Night fishing them along the weed lines can be awesome.  I used to throw husky jerks along weed lines adjacent to sharp drops in the fall and boat a couple every night.  Long Point was always good to me at night.  Also Cottonwood point. 

29 minutes ago, GAMBLER said:

Conesus perch made a decent showing a couple winters ago and returned to ghosts again.  The perch fishing there is nothing like it was 40 years ago.  IMO, it is a waste of time and there are way better places to find them.  Walleye can be found around the weed lines, or suspended on alewife mid lake.  Night fishing them along the weed lines can be awesome.  I used to throw husky jerks along weed lines adjacent to sharp drops in the fall and boat a couple every night.  Long Point was always good to me at night.  Also Cottonwood point. 

Thanks for the response, as good as the perch fishing can be on other area waters, I presumed it would probably make sense to ignore it on Conesus for the most part.  Any thoughts about the crappie fishery there?  Viable or just one of those, "they're in there and you catch them sometimes" type of things?