Southern walleye

Bills25

Looking for advice on lakes/rivers within an 8 hour drive of buffalo, I can drive a little further if it’s worthwhile. I’ve got off for 2 weeks the end of October early November. I always wanted to just take off and go fish by myself, but being that it is November I’d like to go somewhere south of New York. Shoot me some ideas of great places to check out, I’m not 100% set on fishing walleye I would just love to try a new fishery that’s out of my comfort zone. Look forward to hearing some ideas and your experiences!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, zackblain said:

East TN is a touch further than 8 hours but the fishing is spectacular. Bass, stripers, musky, walleye, trout. 

Whereabouts in eastern TN? Would you be willing to throw out a body of water or two? I've been investigating Douglas, Norris, Cherokee, and Watts Bar lakes but haven't found anything of a walleye following in those locations.

8 hours ago, bosco said:

Whereabouts in eastern TN? Would you be willing to throw out a body of water or two? I've been investigating Douglas, Norris, Cherokee, and Watts Bar lakes but haven't found anything of a walleye following in those locations.

I never targeted walleye down there, however I targeted stripers and musky on watts bar and was successful. And bass on douglas, norris, tellico, and cherokee and had decent success on all of them. 

Thank man. Good to know. The striper fishing is huge down there. Charters available on all those lakes as I understand it. I haven't made it to Tellico yet. I spent a couple years making regular trips down there looking at properties and brought my boat with me just once. Spent a couple days on Watts Bar. Middle of summer. Brutal heat, humidity, no wind. Caught nothing but blue cats. Fun, but not what I was targeting.

5 hours ago, bosco said:

Thank man. Good to know. The striper fishing is huge down there. Charters available on all those lakes as I understand it. I haven't made it to Tellico yet. I spent a couple years making regular trips down there looking at properties and brought my boat with me just once. Spent a couple days on Watts Bar. Middle of summer. Brutal heat, humidity, no wind. Caught nothing but blue cats. Fun, but not what I was targeting.

The topwater striper bite below melton hill dam in the morning is the most fun I've ever had fishing in freshwater. Most charters use live bait and planer boards but there is about a 2 hour window in the morning where you can target them on topwater (whopper ploppers, spooks, redfins) while they are on bait. I can't wait to get down and do it again. 

• 3 months later...