Chautauqua Big Baller Tournament

Guys a reminder we will be having our big baller CASTING ONLY tournament on Chautauqua lake one week from today. Early registration is available on our website at www.nymusky.com. please try and do early registration as it frees up the launch and much less paperwork. The regular rules will apply but no trolling of any kind. The cost is $100 per angler and it will be 100% payout. We will also have registration from 6-7am at Prendergast launch and the awards will be done at the launch immediately following the tournament. The tournament runs from 7am-330pm and we would like you to be back at Prendergast launch no later then 415pm please so we can total up points and give out awards. Please make sure that you take FULL fish pics on the bump board and the button is in the picture. If these rules aren't followed the fish will not count, NO EXCEPTIONS. This is the first year we are doing this so if there is enough participation we will continue doing the tournament. Thanks everyone and hope to see you out there should be a great time!20190910_200803.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Good luck everyone, I will not be attending do to some issues outside my control.

I am also stepping down from my position in the club I helped start and gave so much to.

It's been fun but like all good things....... they come to an end eventually. Best wishes n tight lines!

We just concluded the last tournament of the season which was the Big Baller Tournament and overall it went really good. We had 43 anglers with one of those being a youth angler and 28 legal fish were caught. I dont have the paperwork yet but I do have the winners so I figured I would post. 1st place was won by Chad Lapa and Andy Lacko 2 of the nicest guys anyone could know. Congrats guys!!! Great work! Second place went to Mark Calabrese and Bish again great work fellas!!! 3rd Place went to Brian "Captain Chaos" Clark and his partner Rob Carr. Terrific job guys and special thanks to Brian "Captain Chaos" Clark for being such an unselfish individual. Truly an outstanding individual that is a great benefit to the sport. Thank you sir! I am sorry I was unable to make the tournament but want to thank John Milizia, Mike Fafinski, and Mike Breen for running this tournament. It takes alot of work in the background and lots of driving time to run these tournaments. Thank you so much for taking care of the tournament for the guys! Also thank you so much to everyone that came out to fish the tournament we truly hope you enjoyed your selves! This being the first time we have run the tournament I am interested in hearing what people thought good and bad. So if you guys have suggestions or corrections on this tournament please private message me to let us know where we can improve or if you thought it was good the way it is. We would like to continue this in our rotation next year and the upcoming years and we want to make it the best possible event we can for you guys. You can also email me privately at [email protected] and let me know how we did. Thanks everyone and we hope you enjoyed your season!

Great tourney.

Loved the chance at winning some bigger prize money.

Would be great time of the year to make it a two day tourney. Hotels are cheap this time of year and over two days I think a ton of fish would be caught. A lot of guys make a weekend out of it anyway.

Also. Maybee ad a big fish pool.

Just my suggestions

Please do this tourney again!!!!
Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

This was just a general question. I’m not referencing any specific example. For some reason, I was under the impression that your tourneys were individual winner format. Chapter tourneys are supposed to be about getting everybody together to fish and have fun, but any time money is involved, it can change some people. Allowing non-members to fish is also a consideration and can make for a difficult decision.

I’ve been involved in a MI Chapter for 20 plus years and held several different positions including secretary, vice president, and president. I’ve also organized a big muskie expo. My dad and I used to fish a bunch of tournaments put on by different chapters. In my opinion, team is the best format. Individual format leaves too much opportunity for dishonesty when trolling. Most boats muskie fishing work as a team to maximize chances anyway. I’ll leave it at that.

I’ve learned and seen that there is usually an opportunity for some type of controversy or hard feelings in tournaments. This is the main reason I personally choose not to fish tournaments anymore. I still like the idea of tournaments and think it’s important for chapters to have them for a number of reasons. They just aren’t for me anymore. Best of luck to you and your chapter’s tournaments.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 3

"In my opinion, team is the best format. Individual format leaves too much opportunity for dishonesty when trolling."

I agree Adam - and surprise surprise someone already tried to take advantage of that several times during this year's tournament trail.

• Like 2