Cayuga

Hello fellow fisherman:-),  this is my first time posting. I recently acquired a nice center console. I have downrigger,  planer board, dypsy, spoons, flies,ect. Been trying to get the trolling thing down. I have been trying to learn on Seneca as well.  Been to tkfalls a few times. Never hooked a fish, always by myself.  Any suggestions?? 

Hello fellow fisherman:-),  this is my first time posting. I recently acquired a nice center console. I have downrigger,  planer board, dypsy, spoons, flies,ect. Been trying to get the trolling thing down. I have been trying to learn on Seneca as well.  Been to tkfalls a few times. Never hooked a fish, always by myself.  Any suggestions?? 

No offense but an absurdly broad question ... you might do better going on a charter during the season to learn or ask more specific questions... there is a ton of previous threads to read through I would start there ...

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thank you for response,  I have been wanting to do a charter or pal up with someone.  Any suggestions would be awesome.  

I run charters all season starting in May from Ithaca check out my website ... boated 500 fish this season ...be happy to help you learn

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

8 hours ago, land locked said:

This time of year I would fish out of Ithaca and pull top lines on the east side  with stick bait's off boards run the top lines 100-200 ' back

Do they congregate near the inlet or run all the way up to Meyers?

Until the lake levels drop in January I'm not able to launch at Taughannock.  Wondering if it's worth the drive to Treman rather than launch at Dean's and boat all the way South

Fished Tfalls saturday morning until 2:00. Went south then north on west shore in tight 40-120 fow. Used #1 chinook divers,70-75 feet of line,silver & blue spoons. 3 LL 1 rainbow,2 other hits. All the fish were dinks.

15 hours ago, Reel Doc said:

Do they congregate near the inlet or run all the way up to Meyers?

Until the lake levels drop in January I'm not able to launch at Taughannock.  Wondering if it's worth the drive to Treman rather than launch at Dean's and boat all the way South

I just fish the Eastside right out of the inlet go north a few miles and turn around 

1 hour ago, Gill-T said:

Since LL’s spawn in September mostly, I would assume most of the larger fish would be up a creek somewhere?? Is anyone getting bigs right now?

If the spawn is finished, wouldn't they be actively feeding now?  That was a head scratcher for me yesterday as knew some areas were loaded with lake trout and the flies and spoons were practically in their mouths but they weren't biting.

5 hours ago, land locked said:

I just fish the Eastside right out of the inlet go north a few miles and turn around 

Looks to be shallow the first mile or so.  I'm guessing high lines work there Spring and Fall but not so much once water temps go up.  Appreciate the info.  One of these days I'll make the trip down there.

11 hours ago, Reel Doc said:

Looks to be shallow the first mile or so.  I'm guessing high lines work there Spring and Fall but not so much once water temps go up.  Appreciate the info.  One of these days I'll make the trip down there.

Yes the 1st mile or so you can't get a boat in there.