Storing my boat for the winter

tim

Thinking of storing my islander ?outside inside storage is getting to be way too expensive should I leave the cover up and the side curtains and just cover that with a tarp or take the whole cover off then cover it with a tarp

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Yeah that’s what I’ve done with several passed boats and it worked so I might as well stick with it. Thanks for the replies

• 3 weeks later...

Whatever you cover it with has to be well supported everywhere. Snow gets heavy fast. You can’t have too much support. I’ve used all kinds of wood,lawn furniture,conduit,pvc pipe,you name it. Try to keep it brushed off. Be careful using a shovel as you can easily rip the cover. Like the other guy said,a tarp over the boat cover will let a lot of snow slide off. I’ve kept my boats outside forever but this weekend I have arrived. I’m moving and have indoor boat storage at last.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Whatever you cover it with has to be well supported everywhere. Snow gets heavy fast. You can’t have too much support. I’ve used all kinds of wood,lawn furniture,conduit,pvc pipe,you name it. Try to keep it brushed off. Be careful using a shovel as you can easily rip the cover. Like the other guy said,a tarp over the boat cover will let a lot of snow slide off. I’ve kept my boats outside forever but this weekend I have arrived. I’m moving and have indoor boat storage at last.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I decided to do the same. I replaced the floor on my last boat don’t want to do that again. Inside storage now both boats.