Kicker control

tim

Anyone have a Panther Electro steer or anything similar . How do they preform .I need to be able to troll with the kicker by itself and I’m done with EZ steer.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Trying to find something that goes directly on the kicker motor that I don’t have to take a second mortgage out on the house to afford

I Can’t raise and lower the motor that’s no big deal I just put the bar on once I start trolling.Unless I tighten the set screws as far as they will tighten the bar compressors and won’t steer.It also has way too much slop even if there’s a little bit of a chop on the water you have to fight to steer.Also steers better on way than the other. If I knew who worked on them near me I would have them fix it

I believe the tension is set on the bar at the factory and they say not to mess with it on the yellow sticker that comes with it.

It does say that but That’s the only way I can get the darn thing to work and then it doesn’t work too good

I hear ya Tim.  I used one for years with my 2 stroke kicker but luckily when I got a new 4 stroke kicker I don't even need anything now as the increased motor torque solved the problem in large part. I make minor adjustments with a  handle extension if needed. May not be as good as autopilot but a lot cheaper and it works pretty well:smile:

I don't have one but many of the guys I fish with do have them and they have said time and again that they feel it is worth the money and love the autopilot. I'm sure it  makes fishing solo a "different animal" :lol:

I have an auto pilot on the main motor but I had power assist put on so that means if I shut the big motor off I no longer have power assist so it makes it almost impossible to turn a little motor so it’s kind of a waste to have both motors runningThat’s what I’m looking for something just for the kicker motor

Oh yeah I see now what you're dealing with. I have hydraulic steering and totally steer with my main motor (outboard) all the time   but steering is just like when the main motor is on.

I am using EZ steer (both outboards) and it works well, but I am finding a need for an autopilot for solo trips, and I too was looking for something to just control the kicker.  Came across this, although not cheap, looks to fit the bill.

That’s something to look into

Still almost 3 grand with tax

I have an I/o cable steer with a kicker with e- z steer rod ( no power assist ) . I installed the Intellisteer octopus system at the helem for cable steer with remote steering. They have it for hydraulic steering and just for the kicker steer only (type R ) .at the time think it was around 600 $ . I was going to add the auto pilot computer and compass to it but never got around to it.

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I guy I used to fish with had two steering wheels.One with cable for the kicker.One  Hydraulic for inboard. worked great.

Think I have another problem if I want to get a new auto pilot it won’t interface with either one of my Lowrance units.they’re too old so that means I’d have to buy the auto pilot and a new fish finder.

Think I have another problem if I want to get a new auto pilot it won’t interface with either one of my Lowrance units.they’re too old so that means I’d have to buy the auto pilot and a new fish finder.

Anybody got any suggestions on that one