Trailer Registration

Bad Habit

It’s against NYS vehicle and traffic laws. Your taking a chance but I have friends that have been doing it for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Maine registration would cost about $20 dollars a year up to 12 years with no yearly inspection. The no inspection is the part that I would like. That's the big PITA. That being said I did find an article that does say it is illegal.  https://www.adirondackdailyenterprise.com/opinion/columns/safety-on-the-roads-by-dave-werner/2014/03/registration-of-trailers-in-another-state-illegal/ 

23 hours ago, Bad Habit said:

Maine registration would cost about $20 dollars a year up to 12 years with no yearly inspection. The no inspection is the part that I would like. That's the big PITA. That being said I did find an article that does say it is illegal.  https://www.adirondackdailyenterprise.com/opinion/columns/safety-on-the-roads-by-dave-werner/2014/03/registration-of-trailers-in-another-state-illegal/ 

I've never had a trailer inspected in my life and have never had any issues or even been asked about it before.

I've never had a trailer inspected in my life and have never had any issues or even been asked about it before.

Got stopped last spring bringing the trailer and the boat home deputy sheriff said New York State is charging court fees now for uninspected trailers.In my county it’s $78 plus the ticket for uninspected the trailer