Where to mount downriggers on my Tracker

Dan M

Hey all - just bought a 16' Tracker - and before I mount my Traxtech rails - I'm wondering if I'll have room / where to mount downriggers.

Can I mount them someplace on the Traxtech rails? Is there a better location? On the rails I'll have a Cannon rod holder on each side and a couple of Fat AZ rod holders.

What will I need to mount them? I don't have a set yet, going to pick up sometime this winter.

2019-10-30 18.16.27.jpg

I'm not sure how solid those inset rod holders are or whether there is access to beef them up underneath  near the back on each side but if sturdy enough I'd consider using gimbal mounts and mount the riggers on them and possibly use telescopic booms angled at 45 degrees or straight back. You could also get over the gunwales if necessary by using short pedestals with swivel bases mounted to them then mount the riggers on the swivel bases.

Edited by Sk8man

I have mine track mounted. Makes it real easy to switch the configuration around for different types of fishing.

You’ll have to think about what you’ll want in there at the same time and make sure it will all fit though. Also that the gunnels are strong enough to support the riggers.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I have a 16 ft alumacraft side console similar to yours . Here is my setup and I  love it . Very safe and efficient to deploy / adjust riggers . I like the board to sit on , or lean on . I do quite well out of it . Four screws and it comes off for bass and pike . 

KIMG0850.jpg