Smart tabs

Hawkeye50

I have them on 2 boats and they work well. Put them on a Smokercraft Ultima 192 that had a porposing problem no matter how far the motor was trimmed down. Solved it and helped get on plane faster even though getting on plane was acceptable. Also, later put them on a Sea Nymph GLS 175 that rode rough in 2 foot + waves because of difficulty keeping the bow down without using excessive trim. Helped with that also. Paid about $100 a set for factory seconds that had a cosmetic defect. Cant see anything actually wrong with them. Bought them online but cant remember where.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I put them on a 20' deep vee aluminum 1966 Chrysler Lonestar polara (that i completely repurposed to a side console beast)w/ Yamaha 130--the boat wanted to turn hard left above 3800 rpm...tried many things.  Smart tabs made it 1000% better-not perfect but could run safely at 35 mph without fighting the torque.  They were a great help with proper planing as well.

good luck and happy holidays

coach

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/20/2019 at 10:27 AM, ri rory said:

I put them on a 20' deep vee aluminum 1966 Chrysler Lonestar polara (that i completely repurposed to a side console beast)w/ Yamaha 130--the boat wanted to turn hard left above 3800 rpm...tried many things.  Smart tabs made it 1000% better-not perfect but could run safely at 35 mph without fighting the torque.  They were a great help with proper planing as well.

good luck and happy holidays

coach

Hi ri;

Had the hard pull you describe with a 20' Lund Newport with a 175 Yammy, & I changed the steering system to a zero feedback system, problem solved & I did not look back.

Merry Xmas 

John