Wanted Warm hunting boots

I've been wanting to try the Thermacell for a while, but I can't get past the horrible negative reviews. And lots of them. I know that folks are more likely to post negative than positive reviews, so I figured I'd see whether there's an unbiased user base on here. We've got one thumbs-up from Steely Dan. Any other users? The most common issues seem to be battery life and inconsistent control via the remote. 
Keith, I have them and they are junk! Mine never even got warm ever right out of the box. Dont waste your money!

I've had friends who bought the heated insoles when they first came out and they were terrible. They suffered along with them.  People I know who bought them a few years after they came out love them because they were redesigned. I was on YouTube last night and there was a guy reviewing heated socks and insoles. Very interesting. Sorry I don't know link but worth looking into. Upper end socks had 14 hour run times on rechargable batteries and multiple heat settings and Bluetooth connectivity

I have the originals not the pro flex. They have worked fine for years I have changed the battery in the remote once.  That is it, and I use them in uninsulated lacrosse burlys and my feet stay warm all the time.  The two things that normally cause problems are not knowing how to properly take care of a rechargeable battery(the batteries on mine are not removable), and using them in boots that are too tight.  The insoles do take up a little space so I couldnt just put them in any hunting boot.  When these crap out I will definitely buy a set of the newer ones without question.  

Edited by wrinklestar

You're

I have the originals not the pro flex. They have worked fine for years I have changed the battery in the remote once.  That is it, and I use them in uninsulated lacrosse burlys and my feet stay warm all the time.  The two things that normally cause problems are not knowing how to properly take care of a rechargeable battery(the batteries on mine are not removable), and using them in boots that are too tight.  The insoles do take up a little space so I couldnt just put them in any hunting boot.  When these crap out I will definitely buy a set of the newer ones without question.  
You're right on all points. A friend of mine has a son who has been involved with a few of the outdoor shows based out of the north east u.s. he said that what the manufacturer said was the lack of knowledge for battery maintenance. I have a pair of heated socks made by Flambeau that are pretty good but I have to turn them on and off for the full day coverage. The batteries are lithium ion and have a light to tell you when charged. I can remember a few times putting something on the charger and finding it days later. That can't be helpful

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1 hour ago, Alumacraft205 said:

You're

You're right on all points. A friend of mine has a son who has been involved with a few of the outdoor shows based out of the north east u.s. he said that what the manufacturer said was the lack of knowledge for battery maintenance. I have a pair of heated socks made by Flambeau that are pretty good but I have to turn them on and off for the full day coverage. The batteries are lithium ion and have a light to tell you when charged. I can remember a few times putting something on the charger and finding it days later. That can't be helpful

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Exactly.  I turn mine on and off just to keep my feet comfortable and have them off while I am walking.  You cant cook them or they will eventually get cold when you kill your battery, and you cant wait till your feet are frozen to turn them on.  i just turn them on and off and rarely need to put them on high usually low or med is enough.