Wanted Warm hunting boots

Thermacell pro flex heated insoles. Ive been using mine for 4 years. Wireless remote and rechargeable batteries that go into the insole flush. I can barely tell they are in my boots, high, med, and off settings. No sweaty feet walking in or out.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

2 hours ago, steelydan said:

Thermacell pro flex heated insoles. Ive been using mine for 4 years. Wireless remote and rechargeable batteries that go into the insole flush. I can barely tell they are in my boots, high, med, and off settings. No sweaty feet walking in or out.

How long do they stay warm?

How long do they stay warm?

I have 2 sets of batteries and each battery lasts about 5 hrs on high. That keeps my feet warm in a treestand at temps in the teens. Wish i had them years ago. I where 1 pair of wicking socks now and a pair of rocky pac boots and can stay out sun up to sun down

Thanks guys, you've been a lot of help. i went to Sportsman's Warehouse and found the heated insoles. They wanted $119.00 for them. I decided not to buy them there as the online price was about 40.00.  I think The Warehouse is a bit pricey.  

Edited by maisie
  • Like 1

Thanks guys, you've been a lot of help. i went to Sportsman's Warehouse and found the heated insoles. They wanted $119.00 for them. I decided not to buy them there as the online price was about 40.00.  I think The Warehouse is a bit pricey.  

I paid around $45 i think on ebay.

I have 2 sets of batteries and each battery lasts about 5 hrs on high. That keeps my feet warm in a treestand at temps in the teens. Wish i had them years ago. I where 1 pair of wicking socks now and a pair of rocky pac boots and can stay out sun up to sun down

When you change batteries, do you have to take your boots off?

Yes, the batteries go into the insole under heel. Its easy, they snap right in flush and are padded.

Just a tip I have found

I take a disposable heater (similar to hard warmers). They make them as body warmers with a sticky side, and I stick about 5 inches below my bellybutton on my underwear.

You would be amazed how warm your feet stay if the blood is warmed up before it goes down your legs. I can stand in crotch deep water all day in winter with breathable waders

• Like 1

I've been wanting to try the Thermacell for a while, but I can't get past the horrible negative reviews. And lots of them. I know that folks are more likely to post negative than positive reviews, so I figured I'd see whether there's an unbiased user base on here. We've got one thumbs-up from Steely Dan. Any other users? The most common issues seem to be battery life and inconsistent control via the remote. 

• Like 1