Fish finders

Dont know what your fishing for . Not the greatest pictures but this is around a 30yr old Furuno 582l with original transducer.

Turn it on and away you go.50 khz. I dont still fish but I would imagine you could see your jig. You can see the thermocline.

Been looking at a new Furuno 1971F. Just to cure the winter itch.

I will still be able to run my old transducer. 

Hint: actually my upper downrigger ball is to low,they look up to strike.(my thinkin)

DSC00265.JPG

DSC00262.JPG

DSC00263.JPG

DSC00264.JPG

• Like 1

Furuno is the unit that all the party boat/.charter boat  captains in NJ used for years and years.. Very dependable  commercial grade equipment that lasts.. My Garmin 250 C is a nice color unit, 500 watts RMS and was all I needed.. Problem is even though it was lightly used and well taken care of, it crapped out for no apparent reason after a few seasons use.. Had to send it back to garmin, they rebuilt it for a good deal of money, it lasted another season, needed work again, and they no longer support  that unit so now  its junk.. I like Garmin when it works.. Good performance at a reasonable price, but they seem a lot more interested in selling new equipment as opposed to keeping their older stuff working for its owners.. bob

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Hi, Kayslay...need help...you posted pic on Nov. 18, 2019 with your Striker 7CV. I have a new Striker Plus 7CV with the GT20-TM ducer. Would  you share what setting you used for the pic you show in the post. I think I should be able to pick up my jig at depth an have as large a pic as you get.   I was set  at Chirp 77 full screen. Thanks, Dave

Hi, Kayslay...need help...you posted pic on Nov. 18, 2019 with your Striker 7CV. I have a new Striker Plus 7CV with the GT20-TM ducer. Would  you share what setting you used for the pic you show in the post. I think I should be able to pick up my jig at depth an have as large a pic as you get.   I was set  at Chirp 77 full screen. Thanks, Dave
Dave you have a PM from me

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have been running a Humminbird Helix 8 G3N with Chirp (no MEGA or Side Imaging) for the last 2 seasons.  I've been very pleased with the unit for both trolling and jigging.  I am able to watch my jig descend to +100', and can watch fish follow my jig throughout the column.  It's been a gamechanger. 

• 2 months later...

For vertical jigging, I'm just running a basic Humminbird Helix 5 (sonar)---no GPS, no down imaging, no side imaging, no BS but I can follow my jig down well below 100 feet.  The first image shows my jig dropping diagonally from left to right with a few small fish on the bottom.  The second image shows my jig going down through a cloud of bait and a laker coming up for a look.

61732678807__CA2FBD13-F7A5-4FBD-805F-7D24F854D4B4.JPG

IMG_3757.JPG

Edited by Followed The Waves

BD, I also have a Helix 5 with GPS (map of the lake is nice), Down Imaging, Chirp, etc. up on the flybridge where I drive.  It's a nice FF, but more than I need.  The GPS/mapping is nice.  I bought an icefishing transducer for it too, and it works pretty good.  You can set it up like a Vexilar or just watch the sonar (or both).  I can see my tiny icefishing jig with it too.

Good article here on vertical jigging with just good ol' plain sonar http://hstrial-jhalfen.homestead.com/DualBeamVertical.html

Good luck!