Recommended reel for a full core

Iceman

After fishing okuma convectors (w/ upgraded drags) and saltists side by side, I would def say the saltist is a superior reel, but man I hate that line counter positioning!

Convectors if you wanna stay under $100, saltist if not.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

Saltist 50 and be done. You don't need line-counters for junk rods, so toss out the akward line-counter position argument and they are the best reel you can buy for what we do. Buy it once and be done rather than a competitors reel you have to put drags in. We're running Saltist on our charter boat that are 7/8 seasons old with more use than most rec anglers will put on them and they are still awesome with little to no maintenance ever done on them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2019 at 1:40 PM, Yankee Troller said:

Saltist 50 and be done. You don't need line-counters for junk rods, so toss out the akward line-counter position argument and they are the best reel you can buy for what we do. Buy it once and be done rather than a competitors reel you have to put drags in. We're running Saltist on our charter boat that are 7/8 seasons old with more use than most rec anglers will put on them and they are still awesome with little to no maintenance ever done on them.

YT;  Is this the Diawa reel you are recommending? STTLW50HA

Thanks,

John

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Iceman said:

YT;  Is this the Diawa reel you are recommending? STTLW50HA

Thanks,

John

That is the Non-Linecounter version but other than yet, yes that is the reel they are referring too. The linecounter version is STTLW50LCHA.

Edited by FishingFool34