Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jlogger

Sandy Creek Marina

The new owners asked me to spread the word that Sandy Creek Marina will be open again starting this spring.

The new owners asked me to spread the word that Sandy Creek Marina will be open again starting this spring.
Well, please share more. Who is the new owner?

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Is that the marina just south of the bridge on the west side of the creek? 

Just now, UNREEL said:

Is that the marina just south of the bridge on the west side of the creek? 

yes

:yes::dance:         Thanks. Hope it's true

Vinny and Amy Rovatelli (not sure of that spelling). They also own Port Bay Marina and Campground. Great people, good friends. I'm sure they will be doing a lot of improvements. I saw some initial plans for new dock configurations etc.

22 minutes ago, jlogger said:

Vinny and Amy Rovatelli (not sure of that spelling). They also own Port Bay Marina and Campground. Great people, good friends. I'm sure they will be doing a lot of improvements. I saw some initial plans for new dock configurations etc.

Thats great to hear. Im sure the neighbors will be excited to hear the news.

Hopefully the owners make it nice and bring it back to what it used to be. The guys that got booted a couple years ago will be back!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hopefully the owners make it nice and bring it back to what it used to be. The guys that got booted a couple years ago will be back!

I wonder if they received permission to use the channel that I thought was owned by the house on the corner?
Maybe they didn’t own it?

I wondered about that myself 

I thought the house and Marina were one and could not be subdivided because of the channel right of way . Or I think  that is what Bruce told me . 

Seems funny to have a Marina with no access to the lake  , rendering it useless. I would think the lien holders or town would have something to say about that . 

5 hours ago, GAMBLER said:

Brian,  Who got booted and for what if you don't mind my asking?

Jack,

I think he meant more displaced when Bruce closed the marina up. Most moved down to Bald Eagle.

Brian,  Who got booted and for what if you don't mind my asking?

When Bruce closed, he did it when guys showed up to put their boats in and left people high and dry. People had paid their deposits and the season was started.

Got it. Yeah, Vinny and Amy definitely keep the atmosphere nice. Last year on Labor Day weekend at Port Bay they hired a blues band to do an evening set by the water. They set up a bar with a couple of kegs of beer and fired up a pizza oven for everyone. Free for all to enjoy.

Edited by jlogger

As a neighbor of the marina I welcome the new owners. Those who know the property know it has fallen into major disrepair. It has been an eyesore to look at. Hopefully the new owners will bring the marina up to its potential. This is a positive for all the neighbors, boaters, fishermen/women and for Hamlin in general.

Best wishes Amy and Vinny

• Like 4

As a neighbor of the marina I welcome the new owners. Those who know the property know it has fallen into major disrepair. It has been an eyesore to look at. Hopefully the new owners will bring the marina up to its potential. This is a positive for all the neighbors, boaters, fishermen/women and for Hamlin in general.

Best wishes Amy and Vinny

Agreed!!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The place has a ton of potential. Any idea if the are doing anything with that channel Jack? It’s ok but couple be a little wider!

Hopefully they trim the trees in that channel.  One of them ate my antenna tip.

The place has a ton of potential. Any idea if the are doing anything with that channel Jack? It’s ok but couple be a little wider!

On 11/27/2019 at 11:41 AM, GAMBLER said:

Vinny didn't mention anything in particular regarding the channel. I am pretty confident that anything that needs improvement will be taken care of though. Especially if he knows that it is a concern of the customer's. It sounds like there is a lot to do there right now so it may be a work in progress for a season.

1 hour ago, jlogger said:

. It sounds like there is a lot to do there right now so it may be a work in progress for a season.

That's an understatement.  

I wish them well .