Whats the Coolest Thing You've Found While Fishing?

I was out fishing yesterday and almost every step I took I was finding lures. 
I guess it was a combination of the rocky bottom and the abnormally low tide. 
This was by far the most "productive" fishing day for me!

Unreal...

I shot a video of everything I found below. Hope you enjoy

https://youtu.be/0jUowiAP5yE

Edited by ActuallyAndrew
  • Like 1

During one of the National Lake Trout derbies on Seneca Lake while trolling my son and I found a hundred thirty three dollars floating on the surface and watched either a 20 or a fifty swirl toward bottom in the prop wash. Guess the net paid for itself on that one:lol:

Edited by Sk8man

During one of the National Lake Trout derbies on Seneca Lake while trolling my son and I found a hundred thirty three dollars floating on the surface and watched either a 20 or a fifty swirl toward bottom in the prop wash. Guess the net paid for itself on that one[emoji38]
Oh wow . I'm glad you found my money Les,
I'll PM you my address

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

:lol: Good one Chuck... I expected Frogger and Signalman to claim it so I didn't mention it until way afterward when it was all spent:lol:

2009 fall LOC, we were fishing between Wautoma and Lighthouse point in 120' FOW.  It was a crush fest on mature kings that morning.  As we are trolling East, I can see a very large dead king floating on the surface.  As we get closer, I can see a fly in its mouth.  We scoop up a 38lb king that had spooled someone on a diver.  The fish had a flasher / fly, diver and 1000' of wire attached. 

I was fishing out of Oak Orchard several derby,s ago with my friend Pete on the Paula 3 and caught a RC Powerboat that had got away from someone,I still have it today.And by the way Les the least you could do is by me a cheeseburger.

Edited by signalman

I was on the Bow river in Alberta.  One spot had old bones poking out of the gravel.  Our guide told us that they were buffalo bones that were at least 20,000 years old.  I marveled at them until the fish started rising, then got down to more important business.

Trolling off Webster Park summer of 2017 we spotted a floating decomposing king. As we got next to it we saw something flashing 2 ft underneath it. Made a swing back and netted the stinky thing and found a new 2 Face Pro Troll attached to a stud fly in it's mouth. And it has been the hot combo since then. 

Hey I think that is my Blue Mullet Mike:lol: If you return it I have a lot of the hooks to go on it....:smile:

Another memorable one for me that i think I may have mentioned before is many years ago while fishing for perch in 60 ft on Seneca with two rods I was hooking up on one rod with a perch double and jumped up real quick from the seat and my knee knocked the other rod out of the holder into the water. with my ultra-lite rod and Mitchell 308A attached (which was considered at the time an ultralite reel). I was pissed at the time but then forgot about it over the winter. Next Spring while jerking copper across the same spot for lakers I snagged something that I thought was a tree limb from the feel and low and behold it was my rod and reel. I took the reel apart and cleaned it good and still have it today. I wasn't as fortunate with the rod (which had my name on it) as I snapped it off on the back lid of my van awhile later:envy::lol:

mitchelll308A.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

A nice Case 6" folding knife next to a king gutpile 

A 10x Gore tex  jacket floating down the Oak ( fished the rest of the day and nobody came to find it ) 

Jigging bass off the Niagara bar,   A full 10 color , spinny and fly I use. 

A Dam Quick spinning combo off the ladders at the Oak 

About 6 +  boat bumpers 

Probably 75 + floats , some real nice ones the guys loose upstream. I got a nice collection . 

Back in the beginning , a whole   bunch of J plugs and stickbaits before guys learned the dive rate to keep them off the bottom . I use to have a long Handle  small net on the boat when I was,combat fishing just for them .   

Couple buddies and I were ice fishing Oneida Lake maybe 2 yrs ago. We had split up a little bit and one buddy called me and said the battery on his ATV was dead and he wanted a tow back to the trucks (Dam these atv companies for not putting recoil backups on ATVs anymore!). As I was driving over to him with my ATV I noticed a small black pouch on the ice. I stopped and picked it up and inside was a small cellphone size battery jump pack! Got over to him handed him the jump pack, he hooked it up and his atv started right up!  

Edited by FishingFool34
  • Like 1

Canadice lake on the ice last year 90 FOW...

Was in the flip-over messing with one of my yak attack creapers. Like a sling shot, it flew off my boot and right down the hole.

Watch it flutter down, and once it hit bottom dropped my 1 oz jig down and in 15 minutes after a few drops had it back on the ice.

Fought harder then most lakers I've gotten there [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1 hour ago, Sk8man said:

What do you think the odds are on that coincidence happening ?:lol:My hunch would be about a trillion to one...unreal!

Yeah prolly even worse than that lol. I was in disbelief when I opened it and saw what it was. Funny thing is, I’ve kept it in my atv since that day and never had to use it again.