home made fly storage (try this)

Guest ReelDiel

Guest ReelDiel

flyholder.jpg

1. use 3/4 clear tubing ($1.00/ft @ homedepot)

2. cut to around 1/4 to 1/2 bigger then fly

3. put on slit at top of holder

4. put two slits directly across fromm each other on bottom

5. push fly up in and pull tight run leader into top single slit then wrap around holder and pull tag through bottom two slits to keep together

made these last year and they worked great all season.

sorry my pic sucks!!!!

as far as spoon storage, Jim at Sodus Point Lodge / Abe's Tackle Box has real nice spoon cards I think he's getting around $18.00 to $20.00 each. There the nicest I've seen... heavy nylon back material , Thick foam with clear plastic fronts that have velcro to keep the wind from blowing them open when hung out . Also straps to hang in the cabin. each will hold around 50 mag spoons. I have 4 , 2 for early spoons & 2 for late spoons . I like them because your spoon selection is in sight. Bye the way Jim just bought another building next to the lodge, and is expanding his tackle store..... if your looking for new & used, hard to find stick baits he may have them also a lage selection of stinger & nk spoons

& a pretty good tape selection.

Another easy one is pipe insulation. Flies are about 4 inchs cut the tubing to 2 1/2 to 3 inchs roll the line up and the fly fits in the insulation nice the hooks stick in so you dont get hurt you can see what fly it is the line rolled up tucks in the slit and it floats. Keep them in a storage container and you are all set. Also put a piece over a rail and you can hang spoons ( on the out side ) for later use or to charge before dark. Dont hang on the inside like , Well I aint naming names but if they are on the inside and a rod goes off someone might get stuck,lol.