HELP (THANKS TO ALL THAT HELPED)

Hopefully someone out there is smarter than I am!!!!! My computer wont bring up pictures on the screen and also doesent show all the icons! defraged it and deleted all unused files!!! Its driving me crazy! even checked to make sure internet settings were right!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

Dan

Did you check your security settings? If set too high you'll get a lot of "little x's" & a lot of stuff won't work. LOU is now a "streaming" site & daggone blocking stuff/crap-ola at work won't even let me on. :(:(:(

Tom B.

(LongLine)

ive got a fifth grader and I think hes the reason behind all this, mama even tried and talked to their it tech and still plagued!!! For a while if you shut down the entire computer and rebooted it would come back, now that isint working either! Glad my Garmin doesent give me this trouble when im out on the lake!

hmm hard drive crash been dropped latly ???? Off to Best Buy ... unless you can do the replacment hard drive about 125.00,reinstall working systems if you still have software.you will have more than the cost of a inexpensive lapper.if you dont need a laptop ....well youve herd it before. luckly my daughter gave me her old one im so lucky ..wait 1 semesterat collage-12,000.00,rent 2000.00,car 6000.00, inshurance1200.00 instrument repairs600.00,food..gas...spend money...this..that...and another............aaaarrrgggggggg.oh and newlapper for her 900.00.........guess i should be happy to get her hand me downs. :D:D:D:rofl::rofl::rofl:;(;(;(:beer::beer::beer::beer:

I would try Reformatting it first, you may have just lost some packets that are needed to run the programs & files you are trying to run

Just remember to save any info to a disk that you need before you start the reformatting because it will erase your hole hard drive

Before you go to the extreme of reformatting...why not try a good online windows utility/registry scan and repair? Sometimes the system losses a portion of it's registry to corrupted files that are no longer in use and it helps to "reorganize" the startup files...certain file extentions are sometimes lost when uninstalling a hardware function or making changes to a file in utilities. File extentions that are necessary for opening pictures may be inaccesible due to changes in the control panel if that was the case.

One other option is to use the system restore feature built into windows to restore the computer to an earlier time before the problems started. This can be useful if you know there was a conflict with a recently installed hard or software application. It generally will not hurt anything to restore to the last point saved in the computers operation history. I'm not sure of the windows platform you are using...XP or vista or something older...system restore is in your control panel options...if that doesn't work then the online cure may be the only "cheapest" way out of the glitch. Try this...http://www.pcperformancetools.com/repairwindows.htm I haven't used this one but it has good reviews and most are the same for the cost benefit...at least it will let you do a free scan and determine if it will be able to help...let me know if any of this helps..Good luck :nerd:

Mark