All Great Lakes At or Near Record Levels

• 1 month later...

Here we go again. And nobody will bother to put floating docks in. Thank God for Newfane Marina, the only people that had the sense to install floating docks. Niagara State Park and all the rest will be unusable AGAIN for the second time in the past 3 years. Some blue barrels and treated lumber and you could build them at a very reasonable price.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Here we go again. And nobody will bother to put floating docks in. Thank God for Newfane Marina, the only people that had the sense to install floating docks. Niagara State Park and all the rest will be unusable AGAIN for the second time in the past 3 years. Some blue barrels and treated lumber and you could build them at a very reasonable price.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Floating docks would be nice. The problem is , you need a boat to get to them. Parking lots are under a foot ( or more ) of water

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 1/22/2020 at 6:52 AM, Reeldrag said:

Does anyone know if the marina at Sandy Creek will be open this year?

If you are referring to Sandy Creek Marina, it was purchased and the new owner intends on opening.

• Like 1

What a mess this has become?

I understand that this is a "follow the money" scenario but can someone please explain to me why the prior plan wasn't working?

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It was working fine for 60 years. What wasn’t working was the $50M/day profit that the shipping industry claimed it was losing. In the end, whenever the government is involved, money always wins. I think a good chunk of the southern shore will be completely lost this year. Good luck setting gear with house parts floating everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The new issue this year will be fitting under the parkway bridge.  Last year I had 4" of clearance to make it.  It looks like the rod holder arch will be modified to tilt back so we can make it under the bridge. 

The mild winter is flushing water as opposed to storing in form of ice and snow. So far I think we are fine. Alewives should be in great shape. If it stays warm we may be poised to have the second highest alewife hatch on record (prediction based on how 2016 turned out). Sorry Dr Weidel, just another anecdotal prediction lol. 

40 minutes ago, Gill-T said:

The mild winter is flushing water as opposed to storing in form of ice and snow. So far I think we are fine. Alewives should be in great shape. If it stays warm we may be poised to have the second highest alewife hatch on record (prediction based on how 2016 turned out). Sorry Dr Weidel, just another anecdotal prediction lol. 

Hope you are right Gill, just bought a home on Sunset Bay Rd .Oswego N.Y.