Predator time

strutnrut62

60285797988__D09BB8BC-D882-4EAB-B7B0-8C4AB566E697.thumb.JPG.94c2a7046fa4ccff6194a34d372d2dca.JPGalarm went off at 1am. Big black male. Shot from my kitchen window last night instead of up stairs bell tower.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Let’s go!!!!!!!

Now that I’m getting into predator hunting, was thinking about buying a specific gun for it. I’m kinda already set on a .204. What are your guys thoughts on best all around guns for coyotes and foxes?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

.223 or .204

I shoot 40 gr bullets from my .223, best performing bullet weight should be determined by number of twists in barrel

I think it may be a little more complicated than that. Just some aspects such as the trajectory coefficient of that particular bullet design, the velocity of the particular projectile at a given distance, the knock down power of that particular projectile at a given distance, and more subjectively how the particular cartridge from a manufacturer fires from your particular firearm (even the same ammo may fire slightly differently in another gun of the same make and model.

8 minutes ago, Sk8man said:

I think it may be a little more complicated than that. Just some aspects such as the trajectory coefficient of that particular bullet design, the velocity of the particular projectile at a given distance, the knock down power of that particular projectile at a given distance, and more subjectively how the particular cartridge from a manufacturer fires from your particular firearm (even the same ammo may fire slightly differently in another gun of the same make and model.

Sk8man is correct - all cartridges are not created equal. Certain guns shoot certain cartridges better.  Sure it takes extra time & money to figure it out, but once you find it's favorite load, you'll be at that weapon's peak performance curve.

Still running, nobody home when he was out.

I missed one Saturday night around 2am, still feeling sorry for myself.

No reasonable excuse, I suck!!

Next time!!