Predator time

strutnrut62

• 2 weeks later...

Tommy went on the search this morning.  Most of the snow is gone and it's raining.  I showed him where the yote went into the maze of redbrush and I headed to work.  About 20 minutes later he called saying that he found it, still very much alive, and he didnt  have a gun with him.  He was concerned that if he backed out he wouldnt be able to find it again but he didnt have a choice.  Hoping to hear something soon but its been a long time since I heard from him.  Fingers crossed.

Thing was screaming when it ran off, had that happen once last year too.
His partner barked and howled for the 45 minutes I crawled around in the dark redbrush looking for it. It was pretty nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

How far of a shot? You had to be stoked!

Its 200yds to the bait from my garage window. I usually get 4 or 5 by this time every winter. Not even any fox this year!!! Usually have foxes like squirrels. This yote had a small hole right in the heart area, you can see the patch of hair missing. It was very shallow like someone hit it with a 17hmr from too far away. It was all infected and puss. My 223 dropped her like a stone in water, nothing but a tail twitch

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Had some action last night. Called in a solo dog on first set, had some responses on second set, then a double on 3rd set. Downside, no dogs hit the dirt, but always fun to have the opportunity.
Thinking of giving it a try at night for the first time. What kind of lights are you using or do you have night vision on your rifle scope. Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-A505U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

None if possible. If you have to I’m not convinced it matters although many would disagree. I’ve had them run from red and green as well as white.

Thinking of giving it a try at night for the first time. What kind of lights are you using or do you have night vision on your rifle scope. Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-A505U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thermal.

ran red lights for years with no issues.

Right now, your standard distress calls work, but it's always worth throwing out some yote vocals, female yodel howl, female submission, coyote pair yip/howl etc.

Last night 2 yotes charged in to nutty nuthatch after about 30 seconds of play.