Looking for a particular rod holder...

Anglers pal holders. They came in a couple sizes the larger about 12 inches? and are OK for most lighter stuff but you can only tighten them down just so far and they can slip in the very narrow base when under great stress. The allen head screw on the base can loosen without it being obvious too  I know folks that have used them for heavier set-ups but they use safety lines on their rods too (just in case). They would be fine for top lines and walleye trolling and that sort of thing but kinda risky for wire setups and  risky for kings:smile:

Edited by Sk8man

1 hour ago, Oxbow Custom Rods said:

Thank you for the feed back everybody, what’s y’all opinion then if the tite lok multi lok holder? 

A waste of money.They are not good for salmon. Get yourself some good ratcheting rod holders and be done with it. If you go cheap on the holders you will just be buying better ones later

• Like 1

shawn is giving you good advice. It is one of the things in life that you don't want to "cheap out" on:smile: Ciscos, Cannon's,  Berts, or Traxtec are what you want to take a look at.

• Like 1

Anglers pal . I have used them  for years with dipsys . 

Sometimes I wonder if they would slip  But they never did . They are good for rigger rods and planners . Excellent quality . 

They are pricy,    there might be better choices for the money . 

When you think about the price of the rod/reel/line/lure you will be putting in the rod holder... spend the extra on a quality rod holder especially for dipsey setups. Go with a Berts, traxstech, big jon, etc. First year I got into salmon I was using the same plastic Scotty rod holders I used for walleyes, first time a Salmon hit it I thought for sure it was going to rip it off the side of my boat! My setup with wire line and everything prolly cost well over $250 and I was putting it in a $12 rod holder. Needless to say I switched to Bert's ratcheting rod holders and haven't worried about it since.

Growing up we used anglers pal for dipseys and never had problems that was back in the days of mono line and no mag divers. Fast forward more years than I care to admit and when I first set up my little boat I was given a couple they would constantly slip when pulling a mag divers on wire I had to create a separate physical barrier to prevent them from turning all the way back and losing the rod eventually I got better dipsey holders
Anglers pail are ok for a rigger rod and good for a flat line or board line (not inline) and they are great for rod storage In limited space or bait fishing. For dipseys and kings high end ratcheting are worth every penny I have cannons and Bert's like both slight edge to cannon would buy either depending on current price

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Growing up we used anglers pal for dipseys and never had problems that was back in the days of mono line and no mag divers. Fast forward more years than I care to admit and when I first set up my little boat I was given a couple they would constantly slip when pulling a mag divers on wire I had to create a separate physical barrier to prevent them from turning all the way back and losing the rod eventually I got better dipsey holders
Anglers pail are ok for a rigger rod and good for a flat line or board line (not inline) and they are great for rod storage In limited space or bait fishing. For dipseys and kings high end ratcheting are worth every penny I have cannons and Bert's like both slight edge to cannon would buy either depending on current price

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

2 hours ago, Oxbow Custom Rods said:

I don’t particularly want to put a track on the boat. I want something I can bolt to the gunwale 

Track are great. They allow for endless adjustments to your setup. I will never go without them but if you want to bolt on then check  out the  big jon holders 

Oxbow. With everything said taken into consideration  you may be able to use the Anglers Pals but if so use safety lines to your rods and make sure you tighten down the bases real good and check them frequently to make sure that they don't loosen up from the combination of wave action and the weight of the torque on the rods. You may have to turn the holder in the base such that the slot that fits on the ball is not in a downward position and it may not give you exactly the rod position you wish but may be safer:smile: