William Saiff III indicted again

Famous Upstate NY hunting guide indicted again for illegal waterfowl hunting

Updated Dec 20, 8:11 PM;Posted Dec 20, 7:57 PM

-- Following a year of waiting, William Saiff III, a well-known North Country outdoors guide and outdoors TV personality, has been indicted again on charges connected with illegally baiting and shooting protected waterfowl.

https://www.syracuse.com/outdoors/2019/12/famous-upstate-ny-hunting-guide-indicted-again-for-illegal-waterfowl-hunting.html

Suggestion:lol: Move the charge of second violation to felony status forfeit licenses for life. Conviction of felony precludes any possession of firearms for life. Mandatory jail time if caught violating again: case closed.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 10

Personally, I was not pleased with the initial sentence.  He should have lost all guiding and personal hunting/fishing license rights forever.  He was undertaking an illegal action for personal financial gain.  That being said, I respect the licensed guides and the services they perform.   Their job is not an easy one and certainly done for the love of the outdoors.  

Said it before, I'll say it again. I watched alot of his instructional videos and feel as if a few tips he gave actually helped me out on the water. After finding out about the charges, totally lost respect for him. I do hope the judge will drop a few 1 liners during the procedings. Hotter than a 2$ pistol.... I'd pee if I was in the court room.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like he is indicted, not convicted. Less presume innocent until proven guilty. This is what I would expect for myself, and anyone else in this country. We've seen too many cases of high profile folks being assumed guilty before proven guilty. Patience. Let the facts be what they may once it comes to trial.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Innocent until proven guilty. That’s the way it works. But if the allegations prove true and he is guilty. A slap on the wrist is unacceptable. These are felonies. He needs to lose all rights to gun ownership. Forfeiture of his guide and hunting license. He should lose his fishing charter business in the mix. That probably won’t happen He would just put the business in his wife / girlfriend name and business as usual. Any body who uses his services , if he is found guilty , has no right to call themselves sportspeople

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

Same guy who doesn't know what the term "catch and release" means. Keeps every walleye he catches no matter the size. Keeps virtually everything. If the Henderson fishing goes downhill, he'll have himself to blame. Its like hes living in the 1960's....catch it and keep it. He's posted numerous "hero" shots of huge catch and kill shots. Now the waterfowl thing.....omg.

21 hours ago, chinook35 said:

Innocent until proven guilty. That’s the way it works. But if the allegations prove true and he is guilty. A slap on the wrist is unacceptable. These are felonies. He needs to lose all rights to gun ownership. Forfeiture of his guide and hunting license. He should lose his fishing charter business in the mix. That probably won’t happen He would just put the business in his wife / girlfriend name and business as usual. Any body who uses his services , if he is found guilty , has no right to call themselves sportspeople

Possibly the BEST argument for requiring Charter Operators to get a NYS Guides License as well as the "Livery Tag" from the Coast Guard.  As it stands now NYSDEC has nearly no leverage over Federally licensed livery operators, about all they could do would be to pull his fishing license, if he has one..

My response was essentially in agreement with chinook35 response (done after mine was posted) although I didn't think it needed to be specifically mentioned as far the presumption of innocence in my post since it is commonly known in our society after the Supreme Court ruled on it in 1895, its in most state Constitutions and also UN Human Rights declaration (internationally) guarantee and I was referring to after being found guilty.  but apparently someone took offense to that.....too bad....I'm not about to apologize for the post.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 2

This really shouldn’t be a state issue, these are federal offenses and should be in a whole other world where his fines and sentences for a guilty plea from him or found guilty by a jury should be insane. I don’t see where money is going to help his case in the event he plea deals in this one...... but then again

I had a regular come to the marina a few years ago before he got caught and told me he seen a guy throw corn and vegetable scraps on the shoreline on Seneca,Few days later he talked to the  guy and he told him he works for Saiff.. about 5 years ago.. 

36 minutes ago, Roys Boys said:

I had a regular come to the marina a few years ago before he got caught and told me he seen a guy throw corn and vegetable scraps on the shoreline on Seneca,Few days later he talked to the  guy and he told him he works for Saiff.. about 5 years ago.. 

Try systematic  feeders in wetlands on for size