Spoons behind flashers and spin Drs

All I can say is when what you think should work doesn't try something else. Had a day where a spoon behind a dodger was on fire till a vicious strike snapped it off. Speed, length, size, color, method of presentation & temp are all part of the moving puzzle, remember its called fishing not catching.

I catch a ton of fish with the spoon behind the flasher, try short leaders and watch how the spoon darts around, crazy action triggers strikes.

short leaders light drag set or bye bye spoon

A while back, I went on a charter out of Seattle.  All they ran were very small spoons behind flashers.  We caught a lot of fish but it was at end of season and they were all small.  Spoons I use on Big-O are probably 2-3 times bigger than those we used out west so I run them clean.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

17 hours ago, LongLine said:

A while back, I went on a charter out of Seattle.  All they ran were very small spoons behind flashers.  We caught a lot of fish but it was at end of season and they were all small.  Spoons I use on Big-O are probably 2-3 times bigger than those we used out west so I run them clean.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

ive had days on lake O where my Walleye spoons were getting crushed and I couldn't buy a bite on an NK-28 or magnum.   I believe it depends on the size of the forage fish they happen to be feeding on.