Whiskey Town Lake 1-27 Out California way

stan

We had the day planner to limit out on Kings off Whiskey Town Lake today. It just was not in the cards, not even a King in site.

As we went under the 299 bridge out went the big boards about 125' each side of the boat, hooked up 6 rods off the tow line with my favorite spoons for Kings. The weather was on the cool side and a light wind, just enough to keep a nice chop on the surface. Headed towards the dam and marked vary little activity , as we went across the base of the dam Jmat's rod was slammed and a fish came out of the water 2' plus feet. John yells out fish on as we watched him fight the fish in to the boat.Gerald netted the fish for John and we where all in awe. He had hooked up a 2.7 lb rainbow 21", we all would have put money the fished weighted in a 3lb. The rest of the day we watched fish jumping all around us. with only one hit and hook up all day we came off the water as the sun set over the mountain. It was a great day with John and Gerald on the lake.

It was a hell of a day at sea captain. Hope you like the pictures

w1ftv.jpg

2d0ibt1.jpg

2bptus.jpg

148lzwi.jpg

294npc5.jpg

2i7mhl4.jpg

2af1pu.jpg

63vk9v.jpg

Stan, out here we put the bait in a cooler, why do you guy's keep your bait in a landing net?

(sorry, I figured Ray K. was out in his canoe "bare" hunting and I didn't want you to think we were unavailable for comment. actually I love the pix and the fish- I'm starting to look at dairy operations for sale in Northern California (LOL)!