Fish Hawk

Ghunterk

Looking for any thoughts or information :

My boat now has a Moor Sub Troll 900 for down temp, I feel like this down temp product is sending out some bad mojo (bad Ohms) off my boat. Anybody else ever had this problem ? So with this I am looking at purchasing a Fish Hawk System. I am looking at the X4 but was wondering everyone's thoughts on whether it is worth spending another $150 for the X4D Blue tooth system. Pro's & Con's ?

Thanks Greg

10 hours ago, Ghunterk said:

Looking for any thoughts or information :

My boat now has a Moor Sub Troll 900 for down temp, I feel like this down temp product is sending out some bad mojo (bad Ohms) off my boat. Anybody else ever had this problem ? So with this I am looking at purchasing a Fish Hawk System. I am looking at the X4 but was wondering everyone's thoughts on whether it is worth spending another $150 for the X4D Blue tooth system. Pro's & Con's ?

Thanks Greg

I believe that Fish Hawk has the best technology and is the best temp/speed unit in the biz. If you decide to purchase one, I will say that you wont be dissapointed. But honestly the Moor Sub Troll is a good unit and I ran one for many years. Fish Hawk, Sub Troll, and Depth Raider are all good choices but they all operate a bit different.

Rob captured the essence of the decision. I have the X4D and a main reason I bought that particular model was the fact that you could have an additional display on your phone in addition to the main display. That allows my son to view the display on his phone from anywhere in the boat while I'm driving. I have found that the MAIN use however is the temp device itself and the Bluetooth functions aren't used as much as I thought as most of the time I just look at the display off and on and spend most of the time rigging stuff and deploying setups etc. I do like the down speed function of the X4D as it allows the ability to have a little better idea what your stuff is doing below surface (e.g. speed at the weight) and things like strength of the current (e.g. compared with surface speed and GPS speed on my finder) and what it might be doing to your lure action so I'm glad I got that model for my purposes at least. The Depth Raider and Moor Subtrol do a fine job of providing basic temp info etc. but sometimes the cable frays or cracks and the connection can become intermittent or unavailable. The Fishhawk probe depends on a 9 volt battery connection and probe seal integrity so it is really "six of one and half a dozen  of another" I guess:lol: I have however thus far found my X4D to be flawless in performance and I know that the company has been flawless as well for any previous contact I have had with their other products in the past. Trevor Sumption the owner fully stands behind his products and I haven't heard of anyone that has reported anything different. 

Edited by Sk8man

Fishhawk provides great customer support as well. You won’t be sorry with your purchase, only when you drop your first probe...:( it gets easier after the first...

I bought my Fish Hawk 2 years ago right when the depth feature was added. I had the same dilemma and went with the X4. It's a great unit and have not had a bit of trouble with it. I do however wish I spent the extra $150 for the X4D. I think it would make it easier to get down in the sweet spot sooner is all.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I had an 840 and upgraded to the X4 but was being cheap and told myself I didn't need the X4D.  Talking to some people who were telling me how they were able to see the blowback caused by lake currents, speed and ball weight, I regretted it and 2 years after buying the X4 I upgraded. I'm glad I did.   I do really like having the depth.  I really like knowing how much the lake current impacts the blowback.