Marathon Florida in March

whaler1

If I could send the video, we had big sharks hit fish we were reeling in at the 7 Mile Bridge on several occasions. I broke a rod trying to keep a yellow jack away from one boat side.

We had great fishing when we could get out. Caught limits of yellowtail snapper and mangrove snapper most days we fished. Also some porgies, mackerel, sea trout, Mutton snapper, bonethead sharks and many other varieties. Fished the bridge, the patches and the gulf side out of Marathon.

Ate a bunch and brought some home.

Enjoy your stay. I’m fishing the lake for browns tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Head boat fishing was best at Islamorada. Eastern shore fishing on the way down is good at Sebastian inlet. Boca Grande Pass is a tarpon and Goliath Grouper heaven. My son broke 750# test line on a Goliath Grouper there at the old phosphate docks. They are the largest bass you will ever see. Shore fishing from the beach at Gasparilla island will have a husband/wife guides take your line out a half mile and drop your bait over the side attached to a mono 8# leader and a brick  that breaks off. My grandson took a 900# bull shark there but everything is available there with tuna style tackle supplied. Drone fishing can be done from the beach. 

Spent the day with Jon Costanzo and Reel Attack Charters (thanks Bada Bing)
With today’s emphasis being catching great table fare. Had a fantastic day, landed over 100 fish. Kept a four man limit of Mangrove Snapper as well as some Pompano. Also filled a cooler with Blue Runners to use for shark bait tomorrow. Captain Jon is awesome, genuinely excited about everything we caught. All in all a wonderful day with the kids, excited to go back in the morning!IMG_1024.JPGIMG_1027.JPGIMG_1029.JPGIMG_1026.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

You're diving and fishing and enjoying this great weather. I'm on Hilton Head Island trying to avoid running over the 70+ crowd on bikes and getting swamped with notices regarding policy updates from UR. Wanna switch lol?

• Like 1

Hilton Head is beautiful, wonder if the monster redfish have shown up yet?
As much of a pain it is to get here, and as pretty as it is, I think I will tough it out here.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United