New Gun laws getting voted on tomorrow in NY

Supposedly all hunter safety classes are full due to shortfalls in instructors and funding. There appears to be no money to pass any additional measures that require testing. 

29 minutes ago, Gill-T said:

Supposedly all hunter safety classes are full due to shortfalls in instructors and funding. There appears to be no money to pass any additional measures that require testing. 

It also requires a mental health evaluation and drug testing as well as 5 hrs of instruction. What do you think the probabilities are connected with actual effective implementation? But that never stops them from forcing unfunded mandates on localities which they can't afford ( just witness the education debacle). A question i  have there is what has happened to the billions of dollars from the  state *wont let me type L O T T O*, scratch offs etc. that was supposed to go to education? It was put into the general fund which is like giving kids a pinata at a birthday party to distribute as desired.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

Take a look at San Francisco, that is what we will be seeing here in a few years.  Car Break ins under $950.00 in value result in no action and release of the perpetrator.   Smash and grab cases require the car owner to prove that the car was locked, in California, your property is no longer your property,  We in NYS are not far behind.

• Sad 1

I’ve had my concealed carry permit for over 30 years. Up until a few years ago I rarely carried. Now I do every day. Funny thing is it has nothing to do with personal defense, more like carrying Narcan, today’s BS is different than years ago. Be nice to help someone if things got stupid. My how the world has changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 2

From what I can tell, this appears to be in Codes Committee rather than passed. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

And it's more insidious than it appears (if that's possible). You'd have to buy a hunting license in order to purchase a gun. But in order to buy a hunting license you'd have to provide a bunch of proofs, as well as documentation that you'd purchased a gun safe that can't be opened without a key. So, they're tying gun control to the honest sportsman, and to my eye, this means that all of the stuff that they're trying to apply to gun purchases would also apply to Grandpa when he goes to renew his hunting license. Am I wrong? The language reads, 

"NO HUNTING LICENSE FOR THE PURCHASE OF A
RIFLE OR SHOTGUN SHALL BE ISSUED EXCEPT FOR AN APPLICANT:"

But how do they tell when you're purchasing a license whether you intend to use it to purchase a gun? So, everything will apply to anybody who wants to hunt. This looks like an all-out assault in sportsmen, not criminals. What a joke. Common sense gun legislation my a$$

Interestingly the diagram of the bills status has changed from the other day when I looked at it. Previously it appeared as though the bill was on its way to the Emperor for approval and the codes committee designation was missing

Edited by Sk8man

1 hour ago, Gator said:

From what I can tell, this appears to be in Codes Committee rather than passed. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

And it's more insidious than it appears (if that's possible). You'd have to buy a hunting license in order to purchase a gun. But in order to buy a hunting license you'd have to provide a bunch of proofs, as well as documentation that you'd purchased a gun safe that can't be opened without a key. So, they're tying gun control to the honest sportsman, and to my eye, this means that all of the stuff that they're trying to apply to gun purchases would also apply to Grandpa when he goes to renew his hunting license. Am I wrong? The language reads, 

"NO HUNTING LICENSE FOR THE PURCHASE OF A
RIFLE OR SHOTGUN SHALL BE ISSUED EXCEPT FOR AN APPLICANT:"

But how do they tell when you're purchasing a license whether you intend to use it to purchase a gun? So, everything will apply to anybody who wants to hunt. This looks like an all-out assault in sportsmen, not criminals. What a joke. Common sense gun legislation my a$$

I saw and thought the same thing. Hunting license? Money grab? Who cares what your reason for owning and on purchasing a gun is as long as it is a legal one. Thank you government for protecting me from myself!!! 

Hmmm....I wonder if bowhunters who need to purchase a license first in order to get their privilege would also be affected by this "law".  Trapping has it's own license, so at least that is presumably safe. I'd say "law of unintended consequences", except that I suspect they're very much intended.

3 hours ago, Capt Vince Pierleoni said:

Lets all get together and move Lake Ontario. What a fiasco our state government is.

I could think of a better area to cut off & let float away, leave upstate & the lake where I be  ;) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Capt Vince Pierleoni said:

Lets all get together and move Lake Ontario. What a fiasco our state government is.

We really have a great state until you factor in those down state politics and ruin everything. Taxes, gun laws, bail reform, ect it all seems endless.

• Like 1

Very true. It (NYC vs. Upstate) is kind of the way it is  in downstate Michigan vs. Upper Peninsula (UP) in terms of it being two totally different worlds:smile:

It is truly a wonderful diverse state with many resources and unfortunate that the Emperor and his cronies are chasing out the young people that are the states future. I believe we have lost more population than any other state and it isn't 'accidental". He publicly said that there is no place in New York State for conservatives yet pretends to be into "diversity" of all sorts. Opportunity for young people is knocking on the door in other states.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 2