Deck Chair

FishingFool34

Anyone found a good deck chair for non-slip floors? I'd like to get my father out fishing with me more this year but he has balance/standing issues. I wouldn't bring him out in anything less than optimal conditions but I would like to find a chair I can bring and setup on the back deck for him to fight fish while sitting. The rear facing seats in my boat now are fine for him to sit in while we're traveling but too close to the hardtop to fight fish in. Any recommendations?

I have 2 folding deck chairs I bought probably 10 years ago from West Marine. i got them for around 130-140 a piece. they have been one of the best purchases i have made. they fold up when not in use and i store them in my cuddy / dock box. i will put one or both out depending how many i have on board.

image.thumb.png.3b65da84229fc7c4481af31cf0c08f15.png

whiskey.jpg

whiskey 1.jpg

Edited by bout time
  • Like 1

That rubber mat is a great idea! I was concerned with the chair sliding around and marking up the deck, which is the main reason I posted this. Oh yeah and my father's safety a little bit too.

Edited by FishingFool34

I used the chairs without the mat for many years. They have rubber caps on the feet and never had an issue with them sliding.

The mat does work great for both comfort,

Safety, and makes cleaning a lot easier. The Mat I use is an industrial mat with raised “diamond plate”. Best one I’ve found so far

Adjustments.thumb.JPG.9dc8dd69eed912225d257554f27c9d06.JPG

Adjustments.thumb.JPG.2b0ad26e0b86ccb30b8410fd8e241ed5.JPG

‘Bout Time

Mike